Honda 125 cbf - headlights and taillights not working

Khiss

Hello,

My headlights and taillights have suddenly stopped working yesterday on my way home. All the other electronics are fine.

I changed the fuses this morning (except the main one), but the situation is the same. I imagine it might be something to do with the system that switches on the lights automatically when the bike is started up.

Any advice what it could be. I'm sure it's something blatantly simple, and I would prefer to fix it myself rather them pay £50 to a mechanic for a 2 minute job :)

Have you checked the fuse to see if it's blown again? If you don't treat the cause of the overload, it will keep tripping...

You could also try popping a larger amp fuse if it isn't the correct number to start with - i.e, change a 7.5a for a 10a but if the manufacturer suggests 7.5a and 7.5a is in, don't go above...

10a sounds about right. If both fuses are as they should be and in tact... you're going to have to look at the wiring, it's possible you have a faulty positive / earth connection. Have a look in your wiring loom and see if there's anything that's become disconnected, you may get lucky.