Bluetooth fitted to new car

klingelton

Ok. bit of a rant/advice sought here. i know it's a car related question/rant on a bike forum, but i trust you guys!

Wife dropped a sprog some 5 months ago and as a result, I grew up a little. I bought a Skoda from a reputable local franchised dealer (who shall remain nameless). During the test drive, I asked about the bluetooth connectivity of the car. to which i was told "yes sir, this car has bluetooth." The car doesn't have bluetooth which i discovered on collection. After several weeks of wrangling, i finally convinced them to fit a factory unit for a nominal fee (they offered a parrot kit for free, but I don't want someone smashing my windows to grab a bit of tech out my car).

my car has been in the shop for the last week while they look at the bluetooth and another minor niggle. they've claimed to have fixed the niggle and on collection - they have fitted a 3rd party OEM bluetooth solution that doesn't interface fully with the car head unit, meaning any audio streamed through it sounds tinny and crap.

The company have been trying at best. communication from them has been difficult and strained. they haven't particularly done a good job of making me want to recommend them to anyone. I'm one unhappy disgruntled customer! to the point where i felt i had to swear at the manager to take his smug face out of my car window. (High emotions and utterly embittered and frustrated with the whole situation).

I'm thinking of taking the car back and asking them to remove the bluetooth entirely. To me, they've failed in basic communications. when i asked for a skoda bluetooth unit, i expect a skoda bluetooth unit, not a 3rd party barely adequate unit. it doesn't do what i expect it to.

What would you guys do in this situation. Would you expect to pay the fee for the bluetooth? they have discounted it as they held up their hands with regards to saying it had bluetooth in.

anyway, end rant.

Was it advertised as having blue tooth fitted? If so stand your ground and keep up with the demands.

Escalation of the situation to head office or threats of is always a good way forward.

Was it from a skoda dealership in leeds?

On another point. We recently (last month) bought a car from car people at Wakey. Can't recommend them enough. Been buying cars for over 20 yr and this one was probably least stressful.

Good luck with it

Definately take it back and get them to give you what you deserve. In fairness parrot kits are really good but they do stand out.

Stick to your guns with this one.

• 2 months later...

I just left it in the end. They were supposed to contact me with regards to the remainder of the fee for the heavily discounted Bluetooth unit, but have failed to do that. I can only imagine it's now been deemed as a gift as I've heard nothing from them.

I regret taking out an extended servicing pack with them now as I've lost all faith in them being able to properly work on my car!

Anyway - here's hoping things improve.

I just left it in the end. They were supposed to contact me with regards to the remainder of the fee for the heavily discounted Bluetooth unit, but have failed to do that. I can only imagine it's now been deemed as a gift as I've heard nothing from them.

I regret taking out an extended servicing pack with them now as I've lost all faith in them being able to properly work on my car!

Anyway - here's hoping things improve.

your rights say that the car should be as advertised. it's not. take it back and keep on at them until you get it.

Yes its a pain, no you shouldnt have too... but to get what you expected for the money you paid.... I would be ringing them evry day at the same time until it was resolved.

another thing you could do if you can do without the car is to park it on there forecourt and say your gonna leave it there until this problem is resolved