Cg 125 running problem

Doom64

I have a problem if anybody can help. :)

Sometimes the bike starts but only when it has the choke on full, then without the choke on I give it a little bit of throttle and it cuts out. Then I have to put the choke on again to start it, after about 5mins I can turn the choke off and it will run ok but not perfect. (Choke all the way up is on and down is off)

Then the next day I try to start it but it just makes the thumpy sound (can't really explain :? )

It has a nice spark, the rubber connecting to the carb was a bit cracked but it's now sealed properly, it has not got the original air filter if that makes a difference?

Any help will be appreciated.

It's a 1998 model.

maybe it hasnt got enough compression with your aftermarket exhaust?

it just sounds like the engine hasnt warmed up though. my bike will stall if i turn off the choke and then try revving if it, if i havent let it warm up enough.

op doesnt mention a different exhaust just air filter,what kind of filter have you fitted as it might be running weak now like others said and if its been left overnight it will need to use choke again to start as engine is cold and needs to warm up

op doesnt mention a different exhaust just air filter,what kind of filter have you fitted as it might be running weak now like others said and if its been left overnight it will need to use choke again to start as engine is cold and needs to warm up

OP made a whole thread somewhere that mentions his baffle free bean can.

It was doing this with the original exhaust though.

It has the original air filter metal cone but the foam bit is off my old pit bike as I couldn't find the proper foam for it. :?

How can I tell if it's running lean?

It has the original air filter metal cone but the foam bit is off my old pit bike as I couldn't find the proper foam for it. :?

How can I tell if it's running lean?

Pretty sure the CG original filter is actually a box not a cone.

The colour of the plug will tell you if it's lean.

OP made a whole thread somewhere that mentions his baffle free bean can.

didnt see that post so based it on just this one will teach me to read other posts in future lol

to check the plug take bike out on a ride then after some time running fairly fast stop the bike and remove spark plug and see what colour the tip is in the guide section on the forum there is a chart to help you tell what colour means what