License restrictions on tv shows

Glorian

Getting real tired of this crap. tried watching something on hulu or netflix "This is not avaliable in your country"

What a pile of piss. people try to legit do things by the law and not torrent tv shows. but when i can't watched the ONE show i want to watch without being in another country or paying £30 for a dvd i will watch once. I can't blame people for doing it..

What annoys me as much with the streaming ones is "if you want to watch programme x, you need netflix. (£7 a month). if you want programme y, you need amazon instant video (£70 a year) and if you want this programme, you need sky on demand".

It irritates the snot out of me that i would need to spend the equivalent of a small country's GDP to watch all the shows i want to watch. not because i watch a lot of TV, but because all what i want to watch is on different services. I can't blame people for theft.

Exactly! It's a piss take.. I had amazon prime (free trial) and watched the walking dead. got to season 4 i would have had to pay EXTRA £13 to BUY it ... if i already paid £70 a year for this crap i don't want to BUY the TV shows as well... It's just ridiculous.

To be fair, The Walking Dead is shit. I only managed the first three series before being bored stiff.

I get what you mean though - it's no difference to having "regioned" DVDs.

apple tv in the states is good. in the uk, it's a bit shit. if i was to buy everything on there (streaming services) i'd be charged hundreds of pounds every month.

I feel like it's all very fragmented and nothing is particularly consumer friendly.

the traditional subscription services are all cranking the prices and aren't particularly value for money any more. i'm tempted to not watch tv any more at all.

With these services it was always destined to happen.. its like the individual channel wars of yesteryear. But now you have to pay for every bloody channel as opposed to the 5 (license permitting) freebies.

Just opt out and get downloading or a buddy who will download for you.

You lot have no patience!

Get a freeview box and wait a year or to and you will get the shows for free!

:up:

Then it will be repeated, again and again and again ad-nauseum. Then all you have to pay is the BBC. :roll:

Sorry if I'm not allowed to post links to this sort of stuff but check out

https://popcorntime.io/

It's kind of like Netflix but instead of browser based it's desktop based and 100% free. can be a bit slow at times etc but a small price to pay for something that's free. Movies and T.v shows on there.

I genuinely could kiss you right now. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Ive not had a TV since I threw a boot at Jeremy Paxman 15 years ago. sadly i didn't miss.. but oh what a satisfying POP the TV made when it fell off its stand and hit the floor. just thinking about everything Ive missed. 19 seasons of big brother. the daily doom and gloom that is Eastenders. The total lack of comedy that is the modern Coronation street. soundbite news. david camerons voice. george osbornes pasty millionaire face. clarkson being a tit. adverts for crap i don't need. being constantly warned about flash photography. and Jeremy Paxman being a twat and as a rule asking all the wrong questions. Though i understand he's moved on.

if theres anything i specifically want to watch.. i use the various "i" services... as for the rest, formulaic tedium. no thanks. as for PAYING for TV. you have got to be kidding.

One hidden satisfaction is with TV licensing. telling them when they turn up at my door.. "just a sec while I grab my camera.. so i can publish our 'discussion' on youtube" the look of fear and dust rising from heels as they RUN. is very funny... makes my day.

UK Netflix is pretty bad, except for like the poser above mentioned-Stargate and House of Cards, there is a FireFox add on called Hola that makes it look like you're logging in from the US(or other Country of your choice) and US Netflix is much better.

This is only helpful if you watch on your computer though.

• 3 weeks later...

What about filmon free. I know it works on iPad and iPhone. I have used it abroad before to watch UK channels that you can't watch abroad on BBCIplayer or itv player. Not sure about pc.