Old people and technology ... (rant alert!)

XmisterIS

I think this is just mothers in general, (not all i know) my mum struggled with the source on the tv, cashed her computer all the time through being impatient, couldnt turn her phone on silent, put dvd's in upside down. Despite showing her numerous times. And it was always someone elses fault. Although she worked out how to put a picture of a burger in a text and thats all she used to send so i had to pic her up a big mac. God rest her soul

Lol, I am basically Apple and Microsoft support for my Parents and Aunts/Uncles! Its taken a few years, but they all seem to be getting the hang of it...until the next OS is released!

You're not alone but at least mine can open a browser (though she doesn't know what a browser is, she just knows it as Google) which I get her to type her problem in and click on the result that looks most like her problem.

I get horribly frustrated and angry when trying to sort my parents' IT issues so I don't bother now.

• 3 weeks later...

It would seem that today, my Mother has managed to half-install a previous version of Adobe Acrobat Reader and, in the process, she has switched the default language of Windows 7 to Chinese. She can no longer use the computer (because of the Chinese) and needs me to go and fix it. I shit ye not.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

There's an program I've used in the past by norton which makes an image of the systems disk & burns it to muliple dvds so you get a back up of everything including system settings, very easy to reinstall the image so you can go back in time if someones messed it up & get to as if nothing has happened, worked with ntfs aswell

There's an program I've used in the past by norton which makes an image of the systems disk & burns it to muliple dvds so you get a back up of everything including system settings, very easy to reinstall the image so you can go back in time if someones messed it up & get to as if nothing has happened, worked with ntfs aswell

My Packard Bell laptop comes with an image backup thing. It all goes onto an external hard drive and takes about an hour.