cg125 kickstart oil seal

skikman

hi all.i took off both side casings on my cg125 to clean up and respray.i was poking around at the oil seal where kickstart goes and a spring like ring came off it.so i guess i have to replace it.before i make a balls up is there a certain way i have to take off and put on these seals?

you should be able to prise the old seal out of the case from the outside of it using a small screwdriver into the seal and gently lever out place screwdriver into seal using the hole in the middle of the seal then pull outwards,to replace the seal i would make sure the seal hole in the casing is oil free and dry and apply tiny coat of sealant round outer edge of new seal,it should tap in very easily and they only cost a couple of quid to buy new as well so not to drastic a problem

you should be able to prise the old seal out of the case from the outside of it using a small screwdriver into the seal and gently lever out place screwdriver into seal using the hole in the middle of the seal then pull outwards,to replace the seal i would make sure the seal hole in the casing is oil free and dry and apply tiny coat of sealant round outer edge of new seal,it should tap in very easily and they only cost a couple of quid to buy new as well so not to drastic a problem

when you say sealant do you mean instant gasket?