Slip again...

skiffer

Ok so I've tried new friction plates twice... and springs.. twice!! Cables adjusted correctly also twice. I still get slip when I open the old girl #cougar up.

One last thing that sprung to mind.. I have an after market exhaust system that promises raised bhp. Little dyno infograph says so. up until recently the exhaust wasn't fitted to the highest of standards so there were definite air gps along the line. Now its fully sealed and what I'd like to think as properly fitted. Is it possible the extra power is actually outdoing the capacity of he friction plates?? Also... it goes away after a good warm up.

The second plates were in for days... Literally. I'm using or used 10 40 castrol. Bike specific. I bought some castrol gtx for a car but now I don't wanna use it regardless of whether it's any use or not.

Steels were fine. Looked as new. No discolouring or warping. The springs are stiffer. There's play in the clutch lines. Bloody baffles me now. It does go away though when warmed. Different days it takes different times.

I mean I can actually live with it because usually by the time I'm ready to open close my visor It's generally warmed up and not slipping anymore. But mooching around the town or to work and if I need to over take or even had to move quickly I'd he screwed.

I most definitely would take you up on that offer.. it'd have to be in the near future mind as I currently work the weekends. I can't see how it'd stick though as the clutch is fully engaged prior to the slippage.

Guys at orwells who I use pretty much said it's fine.. its just old. I know after a ride to you there would he no slippage by the time I got there lol. People will start thinking I'm bat shit.

now this may sound silly but the chain is at the correct adjustment isnt it?and the front sprocket is in good condition?as it could be a slim (very slim to be honest) chance of chain jumping teeth on sprocket it has been known before.i will send you a pm with my number on it i am home 24/7 most of the time so i could check it over any time convieneint for you

• 3 weeks later...
now this may sound silly but the chain is at the correct adjustment isnt it?and the front sprocket is in good condition?as it could be a slim (very slim to be honest) chance of chain jumping teeth on sprocket it has been known before.i will send you a pm with my number on it i am home 24/7 most of the time so i could check it over any time convieneint for you

I think this is what I'm now thinking.. its because quite noisy in that area when applying throttle. Have to be in enclosed spaces riding to actually hear it.