Paint remover that works?

The Voyager

Hi guys.

I don't have money to be blowing away on different products trying to find one that works, I figured there must be someone who has experience in this?

I just want to paint or spray it on and scrub away.

Have broke down my motorbike into an unimaginable size, and stripping paint and cleaning up.

I don't want to sand bkast it as it's just as much work trying to get the metal back to normal plus the cost.

Seen loads of 'quality' products online that claim thia and that but I just want something that works.

Anyone have any good suggestions on here?

Thanks.

Hi guys.

I don't have money to be blowing away on different products trying to find one that works, I figured there must be someone who has experience in this?

I just want to paint or spray it on and scrub away.

Have broke down my motorbike into an unimaginable size, and stripping paint and cleaning up.

I don't want to sand bkast it as it's just as much work trying to get the metal back to normal plus the cost.

Seen loads of 'quality' products online that claim thia and that but I just want something that works.

Anyone have any good suggestions on here?

Thanks.

Same problem here. Want to do my wheels but now unsure if they are actually powder coated or wet painted.

Nitromors is very good but you have to be careful what you use it on.

Nah I have tried it, they changed the chemical structure as it was too strong, now it won't even strip fleas off a dogs bo**ocks.

I heard aircraft stripper is good on a blog today... Anyone used this?

Nitromors is very good but you have to be careful what you use it on.

Nah I have tried it, they changed the chemical structure as it was too strong, now it won't even strip fleas off a dogs bo**ocks.

I heard aircraft stripper is good on a blog today... Anyone used this?

I found a big ol 5 litre tin on ebay which states trade and automotive use only. They also seemed reluctant to sell me it which kinda indicates it might be pretty hardcore. I'll link it when I get home. Tin looked ominous which means it'll probably be super intense.

I found a big ol 5 litre tin on ebay which states trade and automotive use only. They also seemed reluctant to sell me it which kinda indicates it might be pretty hardcore. I'll link it when I get home. Tin looked ominous which means it'll probably be super intense.

:shock: This is what am talking about!

Please link me... I know garages that will hook it up :cheers:

:shock: This is what am talking about!

Please link me... I know garages that will hook it up :cheers:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/381130344128?_mwBanner=1

Hope this helps. Not much info given. Go forth guinea pig!!

Hope this helps.

You are not working for them are yo? :wink:

I'll have a sniff around ebay for these products (not literally though).

Defo want you to try it before I buy it lol. But at 20 I might take the leap. At least if you buy something from bnq you have someone to go and scream at if it burns a whole through you pavement..... Though the weakness of the shelf bought stuff makes that fairly unlikely.

This however... looks capable. Which makes me edgy.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if this is scam to promote fake eBay paint stripper but . .

What do you mean?

I'm not scamming anything here.

And what about fake paint stripper? I am looking for a product, I need something that will eat paint.

What about spilling brake fluid?

I have actually been reading on paint stripper.

The active ingredient that eats the paint is called Methylene Chloride which was actually banned in the EU in 2012.

It's possible to buy on ebay and other stores but serious concern is advised as there have been a number of deaths linked to it.

It's reccomended that you use it outside, have professional breathing masks and gloves.

Hi guys.

I got the Methylene Chloride and it's a liquid that does not seem to stick at all, not sure maybe I need the paste version.]

Anyway I have a question, would a heat gun be advisable?

As would the heat be enough to mess my frame up? Like the welds and anything else?

Heat gun would take a hell of a time to touch any welds if ever.

If chemical strippers are not up to the job then hard graft with a wire wheel is in order .What are you trying to do to the frame anyway?

If you just want to paint it then give it a go with coarse sandpaper to key the surface. If you need it back to bare metal then the aforementioned hard graft is needed or sandblasting.

I see two options for your liquid stripper.

You could try mixing something in to make it more of a gel - something like corn starch might work but you'd have to do a little test batch to make sure it didn't explode.

Secondarily (and preferably), you could soak some cloth/bandage/kitchen roll in the chemical and wrap the frame up which would serve much the same purpose but less potential exploding. :-)