Almax chains

Hi all,

Would you advise buying the series 3 or 4? A quick search on the Internet and people are saying the series 4 is a waste of money and just buy the series 3.

Can anyone suggest a top end lock to go with it? Iv seen a YouTube vid and he liked the abloy locks best.

Thanks in advance

The Squire SS65 is a tough old lock (with spool pins etc..), and i bet this was not the first time this guy has picked that lock he will have been at it for a while learning the combination of that particular lock. Its not an impressive video if he shows you all the failed attempts.

But like any lock it can be picked, however your local opportunist thief will probably just about have the skills and patience to use a set of bolt cutters/angle grinder properly

Unless you have a seriously in demand bike they will just look for a easier steel.

oh i should say i have the Series 3 and the SS65 lock

They say the Series 3 was designed to be a portable chain that you can carry on your bike. because of what i said to my insurance company i had to do this for 12 months, but i changed the details of the policy the following year, so i could just leave it at home, as it weighs a tonne.