Instructor wouldn't let me out on road on 125

I started my CBT on Saturday and went back today to do the road work on a 125. I got there only to be told I would not be doing it. Instead they felt I would be perfectly OK going straight on a 600!

Needless to say after last going out on the road on a bike 30 years ago on a 50cc, I was slightly worried. I needn't have been! It was awesome- almost got up to 70 on dual carriageway as we returned to base.

Did make quite a boo- boo just as we got back but got away with it luckily. Glad it happened right at the end else I think it would have really knocked my confidence.

If I had had any doubts about getting a big bike straight away they would have disappeared after today. And I love my new boots :D

Out again this morning and I am bloody loving it! It's all becoming more natural and I'm quickly ironing out the little things like hovering my foot over the brake.

I had a confidence crisis with U turns in a narrow road but forgot the basics and was expecting to go round straight from the kerb rather than move in a straight line first. Soon got over it and sorted it out.

CBT now completed. Test pad practice on Saturday- bring it on!

And did I say I'm bloody loving it :D

Out again this morning and I am bloody loving it! It's all becoming more natural and I'm quickly ironing out the little things like hovering my foot over the brake.

I had a confidence crisis with U turns in a narrow road but forgot the basics and was expecting to go round straight from the kerb rather than move in a straight line first. Soon got over it and sorted it out.

CBT now completed. Test pad practice on Saturday- bring it on!

And did I say I'm bloody loving it :D

Good to hear! Keep it up and be safe out there with this 'orrible wind.

It was a bit! The first time a lorry passed me in the opposite direction I was shocked by the buffeting. Was prepared the next time!

I've been lucky so far- the two times (Monday and today) I have had on-road lessons the wind hasn't been too bad. All those on Sunday and Tuesday had their sessions cancelled.

One more session then my Mod 1!

Same when i some my test i did an assesment in a carpark on a bandit and he said dont waste time doing a cbt so i went straight in with mod 1 training and was just given a cert for cbt to give test center. Not all riding schools are money grabbers luckily. Glad your getting on well take care with the wind

Can't praise Camrider enough. They have been brilliant- they all seem to have unending patience although I like to think that I haven't tested it too much! Without me noticing they seem to have really boosted my confidence on a bike in such a short time.

Humbucker - I think I was with you!

I used Camrider in P'boro too, and from reading your posts, think we were on same rideout a couple of times....you had to pass before you headed back to Spain, and I only had a few days to get it all done as I was on half term hols. Luckily I passed Mod 1 and 2 first time, on consecutive days!