Braking suddenly gone bad

Guest raabey

About 3000 miles ago I did what you just explained! Replaced the seals entirely. I was thinking of a caliper conversion but not too sure yet.

I'll do that again today... Then bleed and let you know how it goes :) thanks for the help

Hmmm if you only did them a bit ago they won't need doing again

3,000 miles is a years average usage for a bike? I used a bleed kit from halfords for mine, can swap the tubes around to fit the car bleed nipple too.

Tokico 4 pots explains a lot

I used to rebuild the tl ones every year until I replaced them with nissin calipers

I've often wondered about changing / upgrading the brakes on my busa but not sure about how non suzuki would fit

So I've cleaned out the calipers (they weren't that bad to begin with) and fitted and bled. Now they're much better than they were. I've not done the tie overnight method though. Pads have got enough wear on them too.

I have about .5cm on the inside and outside of the discs which are slightly paler than the rest which I'm assuming is where the pad isn't braking at that point... Not too sure what I can do next....

I told you homes... you need to bleed the braking system starting from the master cylinder. Then pop new fluid in with no air. I'm putting £100 on that sorting it out ;)

Yeah home boy I'm thinking that'll work!

But the cause is what I'm wondering! Brake fluid overheating and breaking down?

Get back to work you douche!!

You only changed it a month ago.

You must have the most mollycoddled bike here.

Could you have a small leak? Enough to allow air to get in and build up? Not that I know what I am talking about but just a thought!

thats what i was thinking... check all the fittings are done up correctly.

You'll have to get a go on mine. The problem now is that when I test-ride any others as a "main" bike, anything else in comparison will be brilliant.

Speaking of which, when's the main bike coming??? :popcorn: