Knackered clutch

dazziep

I've been having loads of problems with the clutch, I took it somewhere to look at and told them it's slipping and I think the plates might need changing.. they said nope ..they've never had to change the clutch Plates on the cg125. . They said they don't go? ??

They adjusted the cable for me and told me my barrings were on the way out..

I have just rode home and it sounds horrible :( banging rattling ..it feels awful too :(

I've got home and put it on the center stand stuck in gear and put clutch in and my wheel starts going round... surely it shouldn't start till I release the clutch??

I'm tempted to just have a go myself and have a look at the clutch.. I have the Haynes manual, what's the worst that could happen ;) ?

Do I need any special tools or anything ?? I don't want to get so far to find I can't get in because I haven't got a 13.6m crossed flange bong sprocket.

Hey,

Shouldn't need an impact wrench. Only thing I can think of that u *may* need that for is the oil pump cover..those 3 little screws get very tight!

All that all you'll need is a basic tool kit and a special socket to remove the oil pump...look on Google and you'll find them for about 10 quid.

I've changed the clutch in a few CGs in fact quite a few bikes so if you need any advice just asks :)

Cheers,

IM

I've changed the clutch in a few CGs in fact quite a few bikes so if you need any advice just asks :)

Cheers,

IM

cool cheers..

I was thinking of just replacing plates, barring and springs to start with see if that makes a difference.. would I need to remove oil pump for that??