Innovv C-3 Remote Camera Bike Cam

After dropping my SJ1000 and b*ggering up the power switch I decided to look for something that's a bit more permanent on the bike.......and a camera system that can be powered from the bike more easily........so, a bit of research threw up the Innovv C-3.

I bought it direct from Innovv.....who are based in China........and it took about 2 weeks to arrive.

The camera part connects to the control unit via an HDMI cable (although it's a bit non-standard)........so the camera can be mounted remotely from the controller.

The kit is pretty comprehensive.....with various camera mounts and a pocket clip for the controller (but the controller unit isn't waterproof, so it would need to clip to an inside pocket in wet weather). There's also a variety of leads, a cigarette lighter USB adaptor, a 12v-5v converter supply with pretty long leads on it and a remote mic option (although,this shares the same USB socket as the power connection.....so you can only use one or the other)

IMG_20150509_145700.thumb.jpg.cca150d8c4abf2f144696dae2e5bc207.jpg

The camera unit can be mounted pretty discreetly....on the underside of the nose fairing, between the headlights on my bike.

IMG_20150516_151539.thumb.jpg.57e2d5cce3caa01f6610240caca9c8a7.jpg

And the control unit mounted somewhere out of the weather......but with easy access.

IMG_20150516_151734.thumb.jpg.4dc9cf214739a4b18360a649d5a961ef.jpg

The 12v-5v power unit on mine was DOA.......so I emailed Innovv and they replied promptly, sent a pic of the unit to make sure we were both talking about the same thing, were very apologetic and are sending me out a replacement unit.....so, support is pretty good I think.

Not had chance to use it too much yet.......but here's a clip from the Ashley Martin Memorial Rideout last weekend...

Well......I would have uploaded a link to a Youtube vid if our f*cking internet was anything like resonable......and my tablet made any sense when trying to do this kinda sh*t......... :x Picture quality is pretty good......so, once my technical gremlins have been sorted, I'll put something up.........

https://youtu.be/fmbstYNeNTY

Yep.....I'm afraid we're suffering from some technical gremlins here today......but once I've sorted them I'll have another go at posting something up...... :wink:

I've heard great things about the Innovv C-3, the way you have hidden it is pretty good.

I'd be interested to see if you could get extension cables so you can hide the control unit under the seat, out the way.

Depending on how this goes, i may go for something very similar.

Well.....hopefully this bit of vid will work...... :wink:

Still waiting for the replacement power unit.....but it's got to come from China......so, it could be a while.

Picture quality I'd say is not as good as the SJ1000.......but the remote camera and control unit definitely tick the boxes for me.......it's pretty discreet on the bike....... 8-)

https://youtu.be/gfgsOxK7H8Q

remote mic option (although,this shares the same USB socket as the power connection.....so you can only use one or the other

Bob does this mean powered up from the bike you can't plug in the remote mike & therefore no sound ??

Cheers :cheers:

remote mic option (although,this shares the same USB socket as the power connection.....so you can only use one or the other

Bob does this mean powered up from the bike you can't plug in the remote mike & therefore no sound ??

Im sure with a bit of ingenuity some kind of splitter cable could be made to provide power into the camera and a mic socket out.

There is a mic in the control unit, which is what you can hear in the vid........but, yes, you can't use the external mic with the power connected........unless you want to start chopping the leads about as suggested by Joeman.

It's the 90 degree lens, ninjabob.

I also went with the internal battery setup......as I may want to put the camera on my lid at some stage......and put the control unit in a pocket without powering it from the bike....... :wink:

But, fear not folks, I won't be Vlogging...... :wink: