Converting Electric Starter to kick

Hello everyone

I have a little Sinnis Cafe 125cc which has a replica Suzuki GN engine in it. I want to put a kick start on it. Can this engine be converted to have kickstart? On thie sinnis website I looked on the parts diogram and it shows a starter motor but also has a seperate diogram of the kickstart so I am wondering whether this engine can just be changed into a kickstart or even have both? http://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/wp_ord ... ef=K157FMI (this is the diogram list)

Edited by ZED1000

anything is possible if you have good engineering skills and the machines to help in making the parts but as said its the cost of doing things like this t hat prevent it happening and a small bike doesnt need the extra weight of more cogs springs and shafts it will only make it slower not by much but it will slow it down

Your not learning different things about a bike!! It's a pointless task

If you want to learn about bikes then learn how engines work and how gearboxes work as well as brakes suspension swingarms wheels and electrics etc

If you knew/know how all this works then you would know how a kick-start works and if one can be fitted

Can the Suzuki GN engine fit a kickstart? (Pls don't reply if you don't know)

Anything is possible with the time, money, and effort...

However most things are not worth the time, money, and effort.

Hi, kick starts are so yesterday, from an engineering point of view yes it's possible to fit one, but as a learning exercise you would be far better to learn how an electric start system works, how to fault find and maintain it. As other have already pointed out there are far more important maintenance checks to learn to carry out othan than this" in my opinion pointless exercise". Enjoy the tinkering it's fun to learn, stay safe enjoy

• 5 years later...
On 29/12/2015 at 14:39, ZED1000 said:

Hello everyone

I have a little Sinnis Cafe 125cc which has a replica Suzuki GN engine in it. I want to put a kick start on it. Can this engine be converted to have kickstart? On thie sinnis website I looked on the parts diogram and it shows a starter motor but also has a seperate diogram of the kickstart so I am wondering whether this engine can just be changed into a kickstart or even have both? http://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/wp_ord ... ef=K157FMI (this is the diogram list)

This is perfectly possible with only buying the gearing required and a kick start lever the engine was designed to be easily made to kick start by removing the sight glass and fitting a click starter in its place