Mod 2 (3rd attempt) in the bag!!

Not been on here for a while as I stopped the lessons after my 2nd Mod 2 failure and I also decided to wait on spring returned to Scotland.

I started back at the same training centre and put in 8 hours of training before my resit. I wanted to get really comfortable on the bike again despite my instructors saying I hadn't lost much over the winter and was at test standard after 4hrs.

Well, I managed to pass with 5 minors after riding like a total plonker thanks to me putting too much pressure on myself. Last 2 tests were failed with a major and no minors on each test.

Nerves were shot to pieces. There were a huge amount of "incidents" to deal with including nearly getting taken out on a roundabout by the grey rinse brigade moving across lanes to about 1 foot away. Also had a fire engine with blues and two's to contend with, 2 x erratic all over the road cyclists and numerous car drivers who's cars did not have working indicators when they got to roundabouts..

Got back to the test centre convinced I had failed as my clutch control was getting lumpy after all the above happened with about a mile of each other.

Nearly jumped over the table and hugged the guy when he told me I had passed!!!

I'm 41, had bikes as a teenager and feel that I have just done something for my own sanity in passing this test. Look forward to shopping and getting used to my new bike!!

S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do like the thruxton. Check out the norton commando as well.

Just make sure you're comfortable riding it. Go to a couple dealerships and sit/ride as many as you can. Different styles to.

Top Stuff :thumb: sadly that madness you had on your test is kinda the norm when you're out on a bike but if you can handle it on a test you shouldn't have any problems in "real life" :lol: :lol:

Ooh thuxtons are pretty cool, keep us updated with your purchase and pics when you get one!!

Welcome mate. Where you based? I'm in Edinburgh but from Glasgow. Currently doing my training with Harleys.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

In Ayr. Hoping to get a bike soon! Good luck on your training. Keep me posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk