Custom Ear Plugs

I've used foam plugs for ages but fancied some customer ones after seeing a stand at the MCN festival in Peterborough.

I bought some of the custom ones you can do yourself from Amazon and they seem OK but was thinking about getting a proper fitting set done by professionals with filters as well.

Also, Boots and Specsavers are offering these. Any good?

Has anyone got any or can suggest a good place to get them from?

I'm interested to see how good they really are.

Thanks

I have a set of custom made from Sensorcom. Had them done at the London bike show. Went for an expensive set with removeable speakers for intercom /music use. Also had dB reducers to use as strait ear plugs.

Fit is ok, but can still cause some discomfort and can be dislodged when you pull the helmet on. Also had problem with the wire to the speaker inserts. One broke after a couple of months. Replace FOC. But the cable is so thin it is a weak spot.

Overall I prefer them to foam type but the cost, they ain't cheap.

I have always wanted some too but my main concern s whether they will block enough sound out for my liking!

the foam ones I use are really good and I practically go deaf with them in and thats how I like it :lol:

I have a set of custom made from Sensorcom. Had them done at the London bike show. Went for an expensive set with removeable speakers for intercom /music use. Also had dB reducers to use as strait ear plugs.

Fit is ok, but can still cause some discomfort and can be dislodged when you pull the helmet on. Also had problem with the wire to the speaker inserts. One broke after a couple of months. Replace FOC. But the cable is so thin it is a weak spot.

Overall I prefer them to foam type but the cost, they ain't cheap.

Yeah, I've been thinking about them for a while but would have to know they were decent quality for the cost! :|

If I was going to fork out for a proper fitting I'd want the option of music as well as on trip of over an hour I've normally got one ear bud in..

I just use the Oxford ones that come as 4 in a little pack. Takes the edge off the wind for me.

Never got the whole listening to music on the bike thing. Listen to music in my car but I feel more reliant on my hearing on the bike. Also really uncomfortable with a ear bud in.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I can listen to music with mine. As for quality, it is like most custom stuff. You see the samples, they look fine, but it's not till you get them you can judge.

I have a set of custom ones which I've never been overly impressed by, also they're not compatible with my current lid as its close around the ears and makes them uncomfortable. I've got teeny tiny lugholes so generally anything that has to go in there won't fit, thinking about getting more custom ones done as I also use the silicone plugs form boots which just cover your ear hole rather than go in, but they can be tricky to get a good seal and you don't know until you start moving! be interested to know how good the boots ones are.