Honda HISS

tuktuk

Been out this morning and about 5 miles from home i noticed something red flickering on the dash. Heart sank but then realised it was the HISS light.

Bike runs fine, starts as normal etc but this light imtermittently goes bonkers. Also, when the bike it turned off this light used to flash every other second, it is now on permanently.

Any ideas on this?

Try this ...

turn the ignition on, scroll through until the TOTAL MILEAGE is displayed on the odometer then press and hold the left button on the dash for a couple of seconds until the HISS light flashes. Release the button and turn the ignition off.

This worked on a CB1000 r , worth a try :thumb:

It was cause it was staying on permanent instead of flashing as it should , bike was still starting .

It wasn't my bike it was someone's on a CB forum I was on .

should be ok if it's still starting and running ok, know where your coming from though, it's in your head that it might let you down .

Hoping it will be something simple.

Battery connections were good, had it disconnected since to try and clear the light but comes straight back on as soon as battery is connected.

Might be another earthing point somewhere which has come loose? The way the light flickers when the engine is running would kind of lead me to this too as its a very quick erratic flash and not always flashing.

Going to start it up tomorrow and see what its doing :scratch:

What you have tried doing is turning it off so it dosnt blink when its parked up.

Suprised its not cut out.

Pull the tank cover off and check the wires from the hiss reciver, sometimes the get damaged where they pass between things.

Ive tried looking at these cables/connectors of which 2 lead to the ignition area.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff215/tuktuk_photo/Mobile%20Uploads/20160528_213948_zpsxocuu1nf.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff215/tuktuk_photo/Mobile%20Uploads/20160528_214027_zpsakriyl2s.jpg

Unplugged them which stops the dash from being powered but the hiss light remains on regardless so this must have a seperate feed?

No mate never been out tie box till i had these problems.

Someone did mention ducatis sometimes have a similar problem after being washed, which funnily enough i had done the night before this all started. Maybes got water somewhere it shouldnt be? Id have thought it should all be relatively waterproof lol