Good riddance to bad rubbish

TC1474

These sort of stories make me embarrased sometimes to admit that I served.

Well done to the Met for getting rid. FAO Mr Brightside. Martin, can you enlighten any more on this. Sounds like it has been going on for a while.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/cop-sacked-for-making-racist-and-gay-slurs-and-ignoring-call-to-incident-in-which-man-was-stabbed-to-death/ar-BBtAhjV?li=BBoPOOl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To be fair it's a long way off my patch but it's not nice when I see this as it has such a negative impact. There's going to be a fair few people tarred by that brush for a while by the public, and who can blame them?

But it's good that action has been taken. She has lost a very great deal from this outcome.

We can't have people like this (and she was a supervisor) in the job, there's no room for it.

What's shocking is that she got away with so much before they took action!

Why is that? Someone can only be investigated once it's been brought to the attention of senior officers/proffesional standards. She obviously kept some of that on the quiet so it wouldn't be common knowledge. All the other stuff will come to light and be further investigated as part of the process. Once they knew what was happening, immediate action was taken. Happens in every job. If an employee is caught stealing, would you really believe that was their first time? Why did they get away with so much before being caught? The fact is, she was caught and dealt with. Brought to justice? Well that's another debate and I certainly wouldn't be defending her.

Edited by MrBrightside

Her and her ilk is one the reasons why I have taken the opportunity to retire early. It is going to get worse because during the recruitment bulge to replace the retirement bulge, a good number of unsuitable people were recruited. They are now starting to get promoted.