Re test date so long away

I failed my MOD 1 Test on the 18th May, I hit a cone on the avoidance.......... everything else had gone well. I was trying to make sure I got me speed right and I looked down at the speedo as I came out of the bend, then when I looked up it was too late to do the swerve and avoid the cone!!!!!!!!!!!!

My instructor has tried to book another test date but the earliest dates are in the middle of July.... Does anyone know why so long?

Thanks,

Al

It's summer, new riders and people training.

i hated hated that part of the test. You really have to look where you're going no matter what and push the handle bars out and in or you won't make it.

Good luck for your next test and practise the other parts, would suck to fail on one of those :D

Depending on how flexible you are with dates - let your instructor know. There are cancellations that pop up especially as schools tend to book blocks. You might get lucky!

Good luck on the next one :thumb:

My instructor was a grumble about this. He says he's trying to get a group of schools together to take the DSA to court as they are effectively cutting down on the schools end product.

According to him, they have been cutting back on the amount of tests available each day and examiners.

It all depends how far you're willing to travel too. I failed my mod 2 recently but my instructor has reserved a test for me 14 days later to cover the 10 days which your not allowed to rebook. But at a different test center 40 miles away.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I hated hated that part of the test. You really have to look where you're going no matter what and push the handle bars out and in or you won't make it.

Whats this?

Has the test gone complicated now?

Round here the wait for tests is long there aren't enough DSA testers; we've a testing centre up the road all kitted out for mod 1s, but they only have enough staff to open it 2 days a week.

There are always cancellations; you have to phone, I think; you're instructor should be able to let you know the best way to get one.

I hated hated that part of the test. You really have to look where you're going no matter what and push the handle bars out and in or you won't make it.

Whats this?

Has the test gone complicated now?

I kicked a cone over on my mod 1. In fact, I just nudged it and it teetered this way and then the other and back and finally it fell. Game over.

Yes sir, drzhooner. Dunno when you took your test, but the mod 1 is done on a track that's marked out with cones where you have to do figures of eights and pirouettes and where the emergency stops has to end with your front wheel up in a tiny square box. It's far more difficult than actually riding on the road.

(I lied about the pirouettes.)

Even though I passed my mod 1 but failed my mod2. I still say the mod 1 is the harder out of the two and the easiest to fail.

I was that concerned about getting up to speed on the emergency stop that I got a recorded speed of 62 mph and then had to do the stop. By the way you don't have to stop in the middle of the blue cones on the emergency stop.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mod 1 is harder because it's kick a cone over game over

Mod 2 the instructor takes in your riding as a whole - yes there are some instant fails but generally a small mistake won't end it.

Is that like traffic cone skittles i used to play in the tractor? Knock as many over without crushing them

Is that like traffic cone skittles i used to play in the tractor? Knock as many over without crushing them

Now I want to see you do a mod 1 course in a tractor :D