Tank,Top Box or Rucksack

So you've to carry a Abus 7000 disc lock, U Lock Abus Granit Extreme, change of trousers,waterproofs and a flask everyday for commuting and long distance journeys

Which option is best?

*Yes it is a 125 before anyone comments :oops: :lol:

image.jpeg.c3373ec92dea8667969528c9fb6cef6a.jpeg

Tank or top box/tail bag for me. I really dislike wearing rucksacks on any bike.

Tank bags can restrict handle bar movement so check it before you buy one ideally. Top boxes are excellent for just throwing stuff in (I use one for commuting) but they can catch the wind. You can get tail packs instead of a box that would reduce that.

- Buy spare lock and chain to leave at work

All other items aren't exactly heavy or big. Backpack. I travel to Uni daily on my 600 where I take a change of clothes and I also work at the same Uni so need my work clothes too. It can be done with a backpack.

I use a Kreiga Tailpack on mine when I need to carry stuff.....pretty easy to attach and remove and mine has a detachable shoulder strap so makes it easier to carry off the bike...... 8-)

I've had a top box since I started riding which is now about 7 years ago. They are sooo useful and once you've got one I guarantee that you'll find all kinds of crap to stick in it and carry around everywhere you go.

Personally, I don't really like riding with a backpack, and I also wonder whether it could make it things worse in the event of an off.

But if a topbox spoiled the beautiful lines of my sleek machine (this doesn't apply in my case :D ) or if it cost too much then I'd probably go for a tail pack. A Kreiga if I could afford it.

Dunno about a tank bag: they can scratch the tank and some of them make filling up a bit of a pain.

If you don't mind the way a top box looks on your bike then it is defo the easiest option. Rucksack is fine, but depends on how you find it. I prefer luggage on the bike and not 'on me'. Why not just give a rucksack a go for a few days? What will you lose. If you like it, then upgrade to a waterproof lomo bag? If not, get a box?

Soft luggage is much more faff than hard luggage for strapping on. etc...

Something to consider, if you ever have an accident wearing a rucksack containing heavy chain etc, the results could be nasty.

Also if you've got a big bag on your back it's very difficult to get you flat on your back and airways open.. race humps are the same, paramedics chop them out to enable them to lay the patient flat on their back..

I'd always say Topbox.. :D Had one on my Varedero, Bandit and Sprint and they're Soo useful!

Have had tankbags before but they will cause some damage to your tank over time :( ; specially with a chain / lock in there.

Tail bags are fine, have one on my Yammy, but they're also a lot easier to get into by unwanted hands! :?

If you can afford it and don't mind the looks, I would say Top box for sure :D Good in all weather, good back rest for any pillion (yes, even on a 125!) secure if the bike Does go down.. :thumb:

If you get a tank bag, look at the Oxford qr range. Far less damages to tanks with those, I use the suzuki plate and the qr adapter on my gsxr750. Mounts pretty damn secure and doesn't touch the tank so no damage!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk