GSX-R750 MotoGP

MR_W

What model was it?

GSX-R750 MotoGP 2015 (L5)

When did you buy it and how much did it cost?

June 2015 and 11K brand new.

Good points?

• Power delivery feels smooth even on the default mapping.

Yoshimura R11 exhaust, engine covers, yoke nut and bobbins fitted as standard.

LED RPM lights to assist with indicating gear changes if you wish (they are bloody bright too).

Feels stable mid corner and planted when applying power out.

Will get you looked at when sat at traffic lights, car parks, petrol stations, generally riding.

Steering damper will save your ass.

Surprisingly comfortable when ridden all day.

The Yoshimura exhaust sounds great, but not excessively loud.

Plenty of power if you want to get round someone.

Bad points?

• Steering angle is non existent but a feature of sports bikes.

Fitting panniers is tricky as there are fewer mount points for strapping to feel secure on.

Cannot see the speedo with a Oxford 30L tankbag fitted.

Very easy to do silly speeds!

Not the best tyres fitted by default (Bridgestone Battlax BT106)

Can very easily bite you.

Pillion seat is tiny.

Both seats are a touch hard.

Would you get another?

Yes, plenty of power but really nimble through corners.

Any other comments?

Only done 1645 miles due to a house move and baby arriving but the one full blooded ride I did from Newbury to West Bay and back over a day proved no issue. Only pain was leathers pinching back of knees but I have always had that and slight bum soreness. Testament to the stock settings on the bike, I easily kept pace with a Ducati Panigale and a Multistrada. Unlike the Panigale, I only refilled a tank and a half for the round trip, he needed to refill twice and we all left on full tanks. Also my wing mirror nuts didn't fall off like the Panigale also suffered.....

On the twistys getting down to West Bay the Panigale informed me afterwards the rear had been moving on my bike. However I didn't notice it so the suspension did its job of absorbing what the rode and bike were doing and left me feeling in control at all times.

2 up the bike doesn't lose anything but pillions do need something like the Oxford Pillion grips to hold rather than trying to grab the seat strap.

Personally I feel the Bridgestones fitted by stock lack a bit as I have felt them slip across the tarmac surface on roundabouts at lowish speeds. I'd either fitter a better Bridgestone or Michelin's when they are due.

The extra 1K over the stock 750 may seem steep, but the R11 exhaust is selling for between £600 and £700 currently.....

Even a year on the bike still sticks a massive grin on my face, even when sticking to speed limits as it just gets to them at such a rate.

I do advise ear plugs as the double bubble screen creates horrendous air noise.

• 1 month later...