Some interesting potential Police vehicles

TC1474

Goes to show that factories are still eager to have the Police and emergency services use their vehicles.

Brings back memories of some of the toys I got to play with in a previous life including some tasty prototypes

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/enthusiasts/blues-and-twos-britain%e2%80%99s-wildest-new-police-cars-revealed/ss-AAgZ5yO?li=BBoPOOl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am fully behind what Police Scotland did a few years ago. They impounded a car from drug dealers, then legally claimed ownership of it and it is now decked out in police livery -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8555079.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am fully behind what Police Scotland did a few years ago. They impounded a car from drug dealers, then legally claimed ownership of it and it is now decked out in police livery -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8555079.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I agree, I like the message it sends.

On another note, so bloody sick of seeing the abortion of a bike that is the new Africa Twin popping up everywhere.

I agree, I like the message it sends.

On another note, so bloody sick of seeing the abortion of a bike that is the new Africa Twin popping up everywhere.

What.. Like this ...

image.thumb.jpeg.94d94765c071d050635af6c9480e8d94.jpeg

The 5 series is what I have. Me thinks this will be the last decent job I get for a while, the way the job is going we'll have smart cars this time in 3 years...

If you ever get the chance to go to the BMW museum in Munich, they have a TVP 5 series on display. It was the last one on our fleet dating back to about 1980/81 and at 350,000 miles, without major work. In those days we had personal issue, and the crew whose car it was refused to change it for a new SD1.

However, on a shout one night dwn the M4, the back end started to overtake the front end... :shock: The chassis cracked and then broke because of all the weight and equipment we carried in our Motorway cars.

Anyway, car was decommisioned, but BMW were impressed because the head had never been off, and it was worked out that running costs over its life came out at something like 0.005p a mile to run compared with something like about 22p a mile on the Rover, Jaguar and Grandada fleet we were running.

BMW took it back to Germany and did a complete refurb. The crew whose car it was had an open invitation to drive it wenever they were able to get to the Museum. Unfortunately, one of the crew and a good friend of mine is no longer with us, but he did go out once just to drive it again.