Since some eejit ran it dry

Guest parapanfan

My baby is running like a 3 legged pig and sounds as rough as a bear's rear.

I accept that it could be dirt in the fuel line, but it's injected and has covered over 60 miles since it ran dry.

At idle (1000rpm) it will hunt up to 1200rpm now and then, and, whereas it can happily pootle at 30mph in 5th normally, it's hicoughing in 3rd.

Also there's an audible clunk when the clutch engages.

So;

1) Could it be fuel related and will sort itself, hopefully soon?

or

2) Could it be nowt to do with the fuel and a new clutch is due?

It feels like dirt because it surges, and struggles as if it's down to an erratic fuel supply.

I just filled the tank up and it still got about 4 gallons left in so I don't want to drain it to flush the pipes.

Fingers crossed it's not the clutch 'cos i reckon that would be MONEY

Geddit - big money 8)

It feels like dirt because it surges, and struggles as if it's down to an erratic fuel supply.

I just filled the tank up and it still got about 4 gallons left in so I don't want to drain it to flush the pipes.

Fingers crossed it's not the clutch 'cos i reckon that would be MONEY

Geddit - big money 8)

Clutches are a doddle on a bike, the only one i've ever done took me ten minutes lol :lol:

Takes about 3 hours to get the freakin plastic off these buggers :evil:

10 mins to do clutch and 3 hours to fit again, thats only 6 hours 10 mins :twisted:

sounds more like fuel than clutch m8 :wink:

That's an idea Scod - I'll ask a mechanic who builds his own bikes & trikes, he should know.

Coco - I don't have anywhere to store or dispose of that much fuel so I'll have to use it up.

Once drained Id put an inline filter on to help prevent any new crud going through; anybody think thats a good or bad idea?

Thats what Id do anyway bud, you got a container for your fuel? Have a gander at it to see if theres rust or owt floating about, put it through one of your famous tights to sieve it 8)

I spoke to Mr Honda and he said to put some better quality fuel in it and it should clear up.

I've put about 200mph on it using cleaner fuel and it still runs like a 3 legged pig - although tickover's improved.

There's a smell of petrol which strongly suggests a misfire so tomorrow I shall clean/reset the plugs and see what difference that may make.

Mr Honda says it doesn't have a serviceable filter - Houdini found me a manual on-line and it's one hell of a complicated piece of machinery!

I tried to check the plugs but could only reach two without dismantling all the tupperware so I'll go back to plan A and run another tankful of fuel through it and then, if nothing improves, wave the white flag.

I tried to check the plugs but could only reach two .

so what were they like? try super unleaded if you don't normaly or

normal if you usualy use super :?

That's an idea Scod - I'll ask a mechanic who builds his own bikes & trikes, he should know.

Coco - I don't have anywhere to store or dispose of that much fuel so I'll have to use it up.

How much fuel!! You could buy a petrol lawn mower to use the fuel up :D