RayGar 3KW "Industrial" heater

Mawsley

I got this for Xmas from the wife. It cost her £46 plus a tenner for delivery - and the comedians who sell it make out it normally goes for over ninety quid.

How much is it really worth? The answer to this depends on how much you like toys you have to build yourself and serve no real function. Me? I'd want paying the cost of petrol to run it to the tip.

IMG_1589.thumb.JPG.c465e3338052de412e67e8178e1e58da.JPG

The fan was only fixed by one bolt and nut, the rest were rattling around inside the inner skin...except one but that must be in China. I'm guessing it was made in China because of the stunning build quality. The legs couldn't be fixed on as one of the sections span around while trying to screw it in.

That was that. I told her to complain. She did, the company refunded without question or requiring the unit back. "Bonus", I thought. A few minutes with a tool kit and a Dremel and I'll have a working "Industrial" heater for the garage.

No.

3KW might stand for something but it's nothing to do with watts. The fan has all the power of an asthmatic with a birthday cake - and you'll have a hotter experience from an octogenarian stripper than you ever will from these coils.

I was dreaming of basking in sub-tropical heat in the garage, while all outside froze like in, err, Frozen. My dream has gone to shit, like my analogies, and I strongly urge you to never give RayGar floor space in your lady or man sheds.

Edited by Mawsley

Now that is the kind of review I like to read :D

However, hope you do manage to find a nice heater for your garage soon.

Looking at the other stuff available for the price, it all looks much of a muchness. I don't want to burn gas as that'll just fill the garage with condensation. Reckon I fit some of the storage heater things, just to keep the chill out over the summer, and settle for a standard fan heater next year.