Rear Brake Light + MOT

Guest Kc9400

So I swapped out the rear set but can't reconnect the brake light to the rear brake, obviously the brake light comes on when using the front brake.

Will this be an MOT fail? Not due till November but figured I'd find out sooner than later :)

I think the rear break does need to activate the lights as part of the MOT.

My spring had disconnected from the switch and the MOT tester put it back on for me and mentioned it. I assume he wouldn't have even noticed if he didn't test it.

Will fail .

Also why risk being rear ended because you didnt show a warning to traffic behind that you were slowing or stopping/stopped .

Plus can gain you licence brownie points

I

FIXED PENALTY NOTICE

A driver is likely to be issued with a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) that will see a motorist issued with a £60 fine and three penalty points on their driving licence.

ROADSIDE PROHIBITION NOTICE

If the police officer deems the vehicle defect as severe, they may also issue a Roadside Prohibition Notice. A Prohibition Notice varies depending on the severity of the defect. An immediate prohibition comes into effect immediately which will see a drivers vehicle immobilised and unable to drive. A delayed prohibition which is the probable notice issued under such defects as defective brake lights, allows for the vehicle to be driven away and the fault(s) must be fixed within 10 days. The vehicle will need to be reinspected and the prohibition removed before it can be used on the road again

Look into inline pressure switches

:stupid:

Agree it has to work. I've just been pick up on a MOT for a marker - turn light not working on a wing mirror on my car. The garage wanted £150.00 to fix it JOY! Out with the tool box and managed to sort it myself.

Well the lights works when applying the front brake. It's just that the rear brake isn't connected and there isn't a way with the new rear set to connect it.

I can't actually recall the last time I used the back brake anyway, yes, yes I'm terrible :D

Well the lights works when applying the front brake. It's just that the rear brake isn't connected and there isn't a way with the new rear set to connect it.

I can't actually recall the last time I used the back brake anyway, yes, yes I'm terrible :D

if you have the skills to change the seat, your have the skills to run one bit of wire from the rear brake switch into the wiring loom to get the brake light to work!!

come on, get your electrical hat on and get wiring :cheers:

Banjo brake light switch will do the job. About a tenner on ebay

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Didn't know about these. This should do the job nicely.

Thanks.

Banjo brake light switch will do the job. About a tenner on ebay

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Didn't know about these. This should do the job nicely.

Thanks.

Didnt read the end of my first reply then :scratch:

I did, but googling that came up with things over £100..... possible a bad search on my part :(