DIY Power distribution box

Joeman

In an effort to clean up my dodgy wiring, I decided to build a power distribution box.

So tonight I powered up the soldering iron and built this!

IMG_20170302_002113.thumb.jpg.a176fce208089ad869112ebce74ba99a.jpg

IMG_20170302_002119.thumb.jpg.0459c7990de31f4fd68da93feab1e726.jpg

IMG_20170302_002129.thumb.jpg.e6f38e8270ce139e1a1956280e38405b.jpg

It a box that's wired to the battery and a switched live such as the numberplate light. It contains a relay to keep the switched power separate from the load.

It also has an LED battery monitor that can dangle outside the bike to give a visual indication of battery status.

Waiting for some three way plugs to arrive so I can have one plug that's for both a permanent and switch live.

Cheers. Only need it for three devices, USB charger, GPS tracker and powercommander autotune. It's small enough to fit under the seat with the battery - not much free space on my bike!

Also the LED battery monitor doubles up as a charge port for the maintenance charger, so now I only need this one device connected to the battery which will clean up the wiring loads.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there really a market for them at that price?? I'm going to make a few more and sell them for silly money... This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires!!

Is there really a market for them at that price?? I'm going to make a few more and sell them for silly money... This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires!!

People do buy them and rant and rave how great they are and these are the only ones to buy!

Usually people with more money than sense and BMW owners..........err what bike you got again :lol: :lol:

Ok, in the garage about the have a play with my new Cosmo relay board.... Spot the problem...

IMG_20170311_195248.thumb.jpg.7efc7897a968f1151f59d03d9fb14a6e.jpg

The connector block has been soldered on the wrong way round!!

• 2 weeks later...

New one arrived. Planning to unsolder the terminals from the bad one and flip them around to make it usable.

Then I'll have two working Cosmo power supplies.. does anyone want one?? "I do you good price" haha