Honda xr125 2004

Crazy Welsh

Ooh he has done worse than that. But I have learnt to mark certain bits on the bike as he has supposedly put new items on. Will not give me the old ones back or a receipt. How you say in English cowboy. Will try and attach a photo of it. I loved that the guys got confused trying to start my bike without pulling the clutch in, made me laugh a lot when they were trying pretend steal it lol.

Okay. Now need your brains again please. Had mechanic out and says the engine is ceased. He checked the oil and it was bone dry , also tried to move the rear wheel but did not move. NOW before you think yes the engine is ceased too. He Che ked the oil while on its sidestand. I checked the oil uupright and the oil is fine. Now when he tried to move the rear wheel he put it into gear. Sooooo....know what? Thoughts greatly welcomed.

F**k knows. But not asking him again. I put the bike into first gear and it moved. Obviously not as easy as it does in nuteral but it all moved. So that to me says the engine is not ceased. Is that correct?

Hi CW , what did the multi meter show, can you put the bike on a stand so the rear wheel is free ,take out the spark plug put it in gear and rotate the rear wheel by hand, without compression that will show if your engine is seized or not, as regards the mechanic, for someone to take away one of the bikes safety features , I'm not sure of his credentials, the circuit for the starter relay involves the clutch switch, neutral switch and a diode if its blowing a fuse I think that's what you should be looking at, but I'd certainly find another garage :wink:

Hi Spanner. I do not have the correct socket size to get the spark plug out. But will go and buy one and more fuses. Multimeter read 12v on the battery but when pressed the starter switch it went to 6 v.

Hi, shows you've got a draw somewhere, need to try and isolate the problem, do you get a neutral light with the ignition on? does the horn work, which is the fuse that keeps blowing, can you follow the Green/red wire from the starter solenoid to a 9 pin connector on the clutch handle side, where the Green/red wire and next to it a green wire goes in to the connector ,what emerges from that connector where those 2 wires go in :wink:

My dad has taken the multimeter home. Horn works all lights come on. Going to try and track the wires. Wish I could share photos as I seem to have different colour wires. :scratch:

How are the photos stored now? On your phone? I can talk you through uploading stuff :mrgreen:

I have one green. One red. One red/white and one yellow.

Has the green not got a red tracer in it, that one the green , trace that to the 9pin connector at the front of the bike the clutch switch should have connected to that 9 pin connector with 2 black wires are they missing out of the connector, look on page 18-7 of the manual its connector number 2 :thumb:

My dad has taken the multimeter home. Horn works all lights come on. Going to try and track the wires. Wish I could share photos as I seem to have different colour wires. :scratch:

How are the photos stored now? On your phone? I can talk you through uploading stuff :mrgreen:

Yes on my phone. I have gone through the Attachmentsshall and done is that way but comes up with a yellow triangle.

Has the green not got a red tracer in it, that one the green , trace that to the 9pin connector at the front of the bike the clutch switch should have connected to that 9 pin connector with 2 black wires are they missing out of the connector, look on page 18-7 of the manual its connector number 2 :thumb:

yes green has red tracer on it. Just taking the plastics off to get better access to the wires.