14. Shinya Nakano JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini (B) 1min 57.588 secs

15. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 57.639 secs

16. Toni Elias SPA Alice Team (B) 1min 58.130 secs

17. Anthony West AUS Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 58.912 secs

18. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Alice Team (B) 1min 59.006 secs

125's

1 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Polaris World APRILIA 2'06.904 15 15 229.0

2 63 Mike DI MEGLIO FRA Ajo Motorsport DERBI 2'07.053 16 16 0.149 0.149 224.3

3 45 Scott REDDING GBR Blusens Aprilia Junior APRILIA 2'07.168 14 14 0.264 0.115 222.7

4 1 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Bancaja Aspar Team APRILIA 2'07.188 14 14 0.284 0.020 224.5

5 18 Nicolas TEROL SPA Jack & Jones WRB APRILIA 2'07.200 17 17 0.296 0.012 222.6

6 51 Stevie BONSEY USA Degraff Grand Prix APRILIA 2'07.346 17 17 0.442 0.146 224.1

7 99 Danny WEBB GBR Arie Molenaar Racing APRILIA 2'07.606 17 17 0.702 0.260 222.4

8 7 Efren VAZQUEZ SPA Blusens Aprilia Junior APRILIA 2'07.804 16 16 0.900 0.198 223.3

9 35 Raffaele DE ROSA ITA Onde 2000 KTM KTM 2'07.842 15 17 0.938 0.038 221.9

10 27 Stefano BIANCO ITA S3+ WTR San Marino Team APRILIA 2'07.977 13 13 1.073 0.135 221.3

Guest David

Looked at this a while ago, looks like michelin have an advantage overall although I hoped JT would be a little closerto the front with his times last weekend.

2 brits at the front of 125 at the moment

Fantastic first session, ok so rossi didnt look impressesd by the bridgestone but lorenzo has really just done the business, and as for JT, out of this world lad take a bow.

What went on between Pedrosa and Rossi, looked like Rossi got out the throttle but it took and age for Pedrosa to hit him, surely he could have got out the way.

Honda's, oh dear...factory honda's the slowest, not good. Dovi had a cracking ride as well, just great to see em back on the box :)

Now to the 250's...

Matt

Absolutely amazing. I'm gonna be honest, I did think that JT would be the best MotoGP rider we have had for a while BUT I certainly wasn't expecting to see him 3rd not in the first season :shock: Go JT and Yamaha pull your b****y fingers out and get some of those new faster engines built for Toseland and Edwards.

Tech3 are still struggling for sponsors by the looks of things. Hannspree seems to have stayed on as JT's personal sponsor after having a good season with him last year. I just wondered what was stopping them sponsoring Tech3 as they have stopped sponsoring Team Gresini.

I suppose it could be arkward sponsoring Honda in WSB and Yamaha in MotoGP but surely sponsorship money is sponsorship money?

125cc was great although it looks like our riders will be beating up each other for the championship. Hopefully one wins and the other will win it the following season :thumb:

Jorge Lorenzo - Position: 2nd Time: 1'55.453 Laps: 46

"I'm happy tonight because we started working from where we left off at the test and things were very good again. Honestly though I didn't really expect to be second on my very first day at a MotoGP race! The track seems dirtier because the wind has been blowing the sand on to it lately, so I think that tomorrow, once the bikes have cleaned it a bit, it will be better and we will be able to push more. I am completely comfortable with the light situation and I'm not even thinking anymore about the fact that we're riding at night, it seems normal. We're still lacking a bit of feeling in the front and need a bit more grip, but things are improving step by step. We've tried a few different tyres and it seems that the Michelin's are working well here; overall I'm feeling good and I'm very pleased with my pace. Despite my position tonight, I'm not thinking about the result at all, I just want to concentrate on doing the best I can do."

Valentino Rossi - Position: 8th Time: 1'56.269 Laps: 44

"Earlier this evening it was a bit warmer than at the last test and it was helping us quite a lot, because we were already faster and lapping close to the leaders. Unfortunately later on in the second practice the track seemed more slippery and we suffered a lot. We just didn't have enough grip and we weren't able to improve on our time from the previous session. We weren't able to completely sort out the problem tonight but we will have a good look at the data and try to find the right step for tomorrow, I think we need a slightly harder setting. I'm really sorry that Pedrosa fell, and I hope that he is okay. I was riding normally, if not at lap record pace, but I think he was travelling faster behind me and wasn't able to stop when he exited the turn and hit me from behind. It was unlucky. Finally, I want to say again that the lighting is very good and now honestly I am not really thinking about it, it seems like normal!"

James Toseland - Position: 3rd Time: 1'55.812 Laps: 21

"I've got to admit that I was a bit nervous before the first session and I don't know why. I've been fine in testing but all of a sudden it dawned on me that this is it - the start of my MotoGP career. I was thinking too much about the unfamiliar things of being in a MotoGP weekend, and after the first session I just needed half-an-hour to chill out. I'm happy with my times and I'm just pleased that I have done similar things to what I did in the test. There was a lot of hype coming into the first race after my testing results and its nice to back it up when everybody is watching and its all official. It proves I can do well in this class. The track was dusty and dirty in the first session and I was using softer compound tyres just to get a feeling for the conditions. When I put the better tyres in I instantly had a good feeling, but I wanted to do a 1.55 on my second lap. I went into the corner too hard and should have waited a bit longer to build up my speed. I just lost the front. I've got to say hats off to Michelin and Yamaha. I don't know how much Michelin improved from last year, but I know how much they have improved since I started in November and it has been a massive step. And for Yamaha to have three bikes in the top four shows they are working very hard."

Colin Edwards - Position: 4th Time: 1'55.942 Laps: 24

"Tonight was pretty good. I haven't even touched the bike from the test and it is working great. The temperature was a bit higher than at the test in the first session and to be honest it was hard to learn a lot or get good information because the temperature will be a lot cooler at race time. The second session I tried three tyres. I was pretty sure I'd found a good race tyre but now I'm not so sure. I put the last of the three in at the end and I didn't have high hopes for it all. But you can never discount anything until you try it. It ended up being the best tyre I tried and I did my best time on it, so I'm pleased with the way the bike is working. The goal is to get on the front row. My bike excels in turning and we've really got to be fast in the first three sections, because we are just lacking a little bit of speed on the straight. If we can start from the front row then we have a chance of getting a good result."

Free Practice

Pos. Rider Manu. Nat. Total Time

1 Casey Stoner Ducati AUS 1'55.442

2 Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha ESP 1'55.453

3 James Toseland Yamaha GBR 1'55.812

4 Colin Edwards Yamaha USA 1'55.942

5 Andrea Dovizioso Honda ITA 1'55.963

6 Alex De Angelis Honda SMR 1'56.120

7 Randy De Puniet Honda FRA 1'56.234

8 Valentino Rossi Yamaha ITA 1'56.269

9 Chris Vermeulen Suzuki AUS 1'56.279

10 Daniel Pedrosa Honda ESP 1'56.478