GSXR 1100 WP fork oil change.

fastbob

I've watched a few youtube videos on changing the oil on USD forks in general and it looks very straightforward. However, years ago I did a similar job on a GSXR 1100 L and I had a hell of a struggle to get about 8 inches of spring back in so as to get the caps back on. I suspect this bike had very non standard springs fitted.So has anyone done an oil change on a GSXR 1100 WP and if so are there any unexpected pitfalls to avoid? Can I respectfully ask that only people who know from experience respond to this request. Please no "I don't know but I think...." I'm not looking to open a discussion.Thanks.

Can I respectfully ask that only people who know from experience respond to this request. Please no "I don't know but I think...." I'm not looking to open a discussion.Thanks.

Unfriendly bu@@er!

However, there will be no problems IF you have the standard forks.

:thumb:

Thanks! I'm not unfriendly by the way, in fact I often talk to my cat. It's just people that get on my nerves.

.So has anyone done an oil change on a GSXR 1100 WP and if so are there any unexpected pitfalls to avoid? Can I respectfully ask that only people who know from experience respond to this request.

:tumble:

I haven't done many fork oil changes*, however I've heard you can just drill a hole in the bottom of the fork and one in the top. The bottom will drain the oil as you would expect, you can then plug this with some chemical metal. Then just funnel in your new oil and do the same. Works a charm.

*infact i've never done one

I haven't done many fork oil changes*, however I've heard you can just drill a hole in the bottom of the fork and one in the top. The bottom will drain the oil as you would expect, you can then plug this with some chemical metal. Then just funnel in your new oil and do the same. Works a charm.

At last , a man who knows what he's talking about mind you I had to drill four holes before any oil came out . The trick is to drill the inside of the leg so it won't spoil the looks afterwards.

*infact i've never done one