Crap holiday

MarkW

Having only had three days off since last summer we thought we'd take the week off and stay with my mother in Stoke for a couple of days before dragging her down to the south coast with the kids. On our first night here she woke me up at 2 am to say she'd accidentally overdosed on her medication, which resulted in me sitting in A&E for almost four hours. Then I got up this morning to discover that the new car had been vandalised last night.

I've lived in several places over the last 25 years, and Stoke is the only place I've ever had trouble: I've had a car stolen, a brick through the window, a stereo stolen, scratches in the paintwork, a mirror broken off, and once caught someone syphoning petrol out of my tank in the middle of the night (I glossed over the details of that one when I came to part-ex the car and the dealer asked me about the head-shaped dent in the wing).

I hate Stoke.

Thanks Hoggs. They've only nicked the covers off the wing mirrors, but I just know they'll be £10 parts that you can only get buy buying the whole £500 mirror. Time to hit eBay, methinks...

Just checked a Volvo parts site and the covers are £113 each! So that's £226 I'm going to have to find.

If I'd caught him in the act I'd have split his f**king ball bag open for him.

Just checked a Volvo parts site and the covers are £113 each! So that's £226 I'm going to have to find..

Holy crap! what colour are they I'll keep an eye out for a match in the car parks around here :wink:

Hope your mums ok :thumb: not to bothered about your Volvo to be honest :D

Your sure your mum didn't go on a drug fuelled rampage on your Volvo before she told you she'd took to much medication :shock:

Your sure your mum didn't go on a drug fuelled rampage on your Volvo before she told you she'd took to much medication :shock:

Can relate to this.

Father in law asked r lass who her partner was today :crybaby: We've only been married 18 year...

When I called before work everything just normal. I'm sure he's convinced I'm his son though and not son in law.

Morphine glorious morphine

If anyone on here was in the Harry Ramsdens in Bournemouth this evening and wondered why the bloke sat in the middle of the restaurant burst out laughing with a mouthful of fish and then almost needed his wife to give him the Heimlich Manoeuvre, you have your answer.

:lol:

meanwhile Im trying to decide whether i should ride the bike to Stoke tomorrow.. or get the train.

I've not managed to find out what condition my mate is in.. all i know is that he had surgery today. :|

He'll be in the Royal Stoke Hospital, or whatever the hell they call it now: it was the City General when I was born there (still no blue plaque I noticed on Friday night). Anyway, it's a 15 minute taxi ride from the train station, so easy to get to. Parking charges are the usual NHS rip-off, so unless it's a beautiful day for a ride I'd be inclined to take the train.

• 3 weeks later...
Just checked a Volvo parts site and the covers are £113 each! So that's £226 I'm going to have to find.

If I'd caught him in the act I'd have split his f**king ball bag open for him.

There is a Volvo Breaker on the A1 near Sandy (I know its a bit far for you) who has a large stock of parts at (very) reasonable prices. Last October, a complete wing mirror (heated) for my V50 cost me £6 and it was in near perfect condition. 8-)

Now that's definitely worth knowing - thanks! I've already shelled out for the new replacements (and stuck them in place with industrial adhesive) but I'll keep them in mind for the future.

:thumb: