I'm sorry for I have sinned

Lumor_uk

Bought a 2003 Golf GTi 1.8T for £775 off ebay. Man it's a pile of shit. Scratched to hell, front bumper has been replaced then scuffed to hell for good measure. I vaxed the inside and it came up like Guinness. There's chewing gum stuck on the back seat. I really should have viewed before bidding.

For some strange reason I love driving it though and I've ordered a ton of stuff to make it better. Think I've spent almost £300 and that's before I'm going to have to pay someone to do the cambelt ...whyyyy have I done this????

I can't wait to replace the top mounts, the rear suspension axle bushes. Never done either and I'm excited to have a go. What a waste of money though :|

I've got the Octavia VRS, same engine and chassis as the Golf.

It puts a smile on my face every time I give it the beans, but it has been mapped to 225 bhp with the N112 and N249 delete, mushroom air filter and full stainless with decat. Sounds like a jet engine when it comes on boost.

Yes I am immature and childish!

It puts a smile on my face every time I give it the beans, but it has been mapped to 225 bhp with the N112 and N249 delete, mushroom air filter and full stainless with decat. Sounds like a jet engine when it comes on boost.

Aren't mushrooms a bit delicate for an air filter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said something about the engine has been retuned...he didn't know whether it had been retuned for economy or power. But it does about 30mpg. Is there anyway to find out?

My step dad has a 2 year old Octavia VRS estate in that lightning blue. Really nice.

Edited by Lumor_uk

I sinned more today... I bought a pedal bike!!! :shock: :shock:

I have 4 (count 'em!) pedal bikes. A really brilliant way to keep fit and much cheaper to transport overseas if you're flying. What did you get? I'm a massively spazzo Trek fanboi even more so than my KTM problem...!

Still no car tho! :thumb:

He said something about the engine has been retuned...he didn't know whether it had been retuned for economy or power. But it does about 30mpg. Is there anyway to find out?

My step dad has a 2 year old Octavia VRS estate in that lightning blue. Really nice.

Probably a mild tune then, you cant really tell unless a tuner can read the flash on the ECU. I struggle to get above 25mpg in mine and that's normal driving with the occasional blat.