Honda vision 110 or 125cc

Plsdeluno

After asking advice regarding Chinese bikes I have decided to go for a Japanese bike.

I have seen a good price for a 17 plate Honda Vision 110, however I know nothing about bikes apart from owning a Vespa about 40 years ago. I just want something to commute a few miles each day. My question is, is there much difference between the 110 and a 125cc?

Thank you

The Honda Vision 110cc doesn't have a kick start so if your battery or starter gives up you need recovery.

The Suzuki Address 110cc also has a kick start is cheaper lighter and more powerful.

Just a couple of points to consider, I don't know anything about the 125 Honda.

I haven't ridden a 125 for years but when out riding in town, the 125s set off from the lights noticeably faster. Off the top of my head are they about 12bhp compared to the Vision's 8bhp? (suzuki 9bhp)

The reason I went for the 110cc is that they're lighter for the back of the motorhome and are only £1800 new compared to going on £3000 for the SH125. The Vision still does 60mph 2 up, mind you it's pathetic up hills 2 up.

The vision usually beats the cars off at the traffic lights especially riding single the cars drop back when they have to change gear but mostly your away in front before then.

That's all I can think of to say about it.

I have decided to go for a Suzuki address. As you say a 125cc is a big price jump.

My question is a New one is £2000. I have seen a 17 plate with 6000 miles at £1200. Would the second hand one be a good buy? Or too much milage and better of paying the difference for a new one?

Thank you

You'll get one cheaper than that, I got mine on ebay, it was 6 months old with 3000 miles on the clock. I bid £1100 at the last minute and got it for £1070.

The Suzuki is cheaper to start with and that mileage is higher than mine of course. So keep watching on ebay, set up a saved search with notifications. Sometimes one will come up with low mileage and superficial damage where someone's fallen off and don't want it anymore.

If you can borrow a van it helps, fetched mine from London in a borrowed Mercedes Vito van. Good luck 8-)

• 3 years later...