Getting out during the week

Guest Speedy23

Anybody free during the week? I can get out most days being semi-retard (thanks Borat!) - is there anyone else out there or would it be better to meet up at the weekend?

The big yellow thing in the sky has been seen a few times now and the amount of wet stuff falling from the sky has declined noticeably in the last couple of weeks......it's almost time. How about the Super Sausage on the A5 at Potterspury? Central enough for most peeps?

I've got a couple of days off next week......but it looks like I've picked the wet ones! If there's a decent day though I'd be up for a run across to the Super Sausage......I'd be coming from the opposite direction to you, but be happy to meet up there for a brew and natter...... 8-)

I've got a couple of days off next week......but it looks like I've picked the wet ones! If there's a decent day though I'd be up for a run across to the Super Sausage......I'd be coming from the opposite direction to you, but be happy to meet up there for a brew and natter...... 8-)

So let's keep an eye on the weather...... :thumb:

Weather is supposed to be reasonable Friday. So hopefully out and about. Any one else.

Provisionally, TMBF tag in Bedworth in the morning then bimble about and may end up at Wellesbourne Airfield cafe.

I try to get an hour or two riding then end up at Wellesbourne for coffe and sandwich.

Are you going for the Hungry Hogs meet up the 14th or 15th?

Hungry Hogs at Oakham LE15? Yeah, which day/time do you prefer? I"ll be (here I am again, all) dressed in black (copyright C.Spedding 1976) on an FJR mobility scooter. Probably sat in the corner looking pissed off. But it will be good to get out on a run again 8-).

And, if you would be so kind, you can explain how this Forum challenge works....I'll bring me camera.

See you next week then

S23.

Edited by Anonymous

[mention]Speedy23[/mention]

See here for the Hungry hogs meet

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=66517

Sat or sun yet to be confirmed. Meet time 12ish. Jut a good run out and a chance to meet some of the folks on the forum

See here for the last meet up.

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64957

The challenge rules are here

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=65608.

Select an unused number and register.

Then see the map

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1nZBCpEnBrHv9jjIPoeHYOEjXqrtaTFAV&ll=54.13769096879727%2C-1.7218378999999686&z=6

For a list of places to go and photograph then post you pictures here

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=65610

And keep your own score, no prises just an excuse to get out and see new roads.

Probably not have time for a tag on the meet up.

Hope to see you next week maybe Friday and the hungry hogs

What about Friday? Wellesbourne again or somewhere else? I need to put some miles on to get ready for the summer...... (the eternal optimist..... :roll:)

So how about a meet-up outside the Pen & Parchment (just round the corner from the bike park) about 1130 - ish then ride to the Airfield cafe for some lunch? Or wherever?

So how about a meet-up outside the Pen & Parchment (just round the corner from the bike park) about 1130 - ish then ride to the Airfield cafe for some lunch? Or wherever?

Sounds good to me, Thinking Friday still?

Was good to meet up with you [mention]Speedy23[/mention] and put a face to the name. Enjoyed the run out and food stop at Wellesbourne. Look forward to the next one. :thumb:

So we got out during the week.....met up at Stratford on Avon as arranged. Mr. Igloo didn't turn up so we evolved a cunning plan to ride to Bidford on Avon to grab a cuppa at the gliding club cafe there. A46 south of SoA predictably busy, but once we'd got onto the dual carriageway bit it was OK. Got to the gliding club......and the cafe was closed! Phase 2 of the cunning plan was swiftly put into action.....we would ride to Wellesbourne Airfield and go to the cafe there! (I said it was a cunning plan, not a complicated one! :roll:)

So, Honeybourne, Weston sub Edge, Mickleton, Clifford Chambers........back round the edge of SoA, Tiddington and thence to Wellesbourne.

Good grub, interesting chat and an enjoyable ride out to blow the cobwebs away. Must repeat the dosage soon.

Mr. JRH turned out to be a thoroughly good egg - and I found out why he is known as the "Hoggfather"..... (yes, I know, not a great mental leap required, but I'm getting to that age......anyway, Hoggs, I promise I will try to be a nicer person in future....)

So it looks like a regular(-ish) Friday Club is on the cards.......next ride out may involve a secret destination not too far from Cirencester.

Hi Guys,

I know I didn't turn up today, Today has been pretty shitty even by recent standards! My aunt had a car accident (at 87!) and that's caused a great amount of grief :roll: She's OK though, Just car damage. Sorry I couldn't make it! :oops: