Beginners guide to Moto GP

Guest garthunkle

Its just too costly to keep the tracks up with the ability of the cars.

F1 is one big massive trade-off between pure racing at its highest technological level and the money it costs to achieve that.

I missed the first race of the season - was in the library revising :-(

Think I will watch the next one and see what happens. I'm with Techno though, you can't have technologically advancing sport if they constantly implement regulations in order to limit the performance of the cars.

Techno- Fraid I don't have sky at my uni house. My parents have Sky HD though, so whenever I'm down there its ace!

What exactly is WSB and how does it compare to MotoGP?

So WSB has a bit more realism for us bikers...

WSB and Supersport is more what we get to ride kind of stuff (or bin in my case lol) whereas MotoGP is the pinnacle of technology.

Matt

So WSB has a bit more realism for us bikers...

WSB and Supersport is more what we get to ride kind of stuff (or bin in my case lol) whereas MotoGP is the pinnacle of technology.

Matt

WSB arn't really that much like the road bikes but Supersport are virtually bob on :wink:

I stand corrected voodoo mate thankyou :) you learn sommat new every day :)

Matt

I'm not 100% on the rules anymore but it used to be the frame on WSB had to be the same as the road going version, but they could strengthen it and the outside of the engine casing had to be the same but they could do virtually what they wanted inside. As for Supersport I think they even have to use road tyres, at least thats how it used to be :D

I stand corrected voodoo mate thankyou :) you learn sommat new every day :)

Matt

I'm not 100% on the rules anymore but it used to be the frame on WSB had to be the same as the road going version, but they could strengthen it and the outside of the engine casing had to be the same but they could do virtually what they wanted inside. As for Supersport I think they even have to use road tyres, at least thats how it used to be :D

Yeah they use tredded tyres and the wsb a a silouhette class but strangly bsb superbikes arnt :?

I must say that the F1 bosses have normally made a balls up of it over the last decade but for once this year they seem to have implemented a rule which is good.

The Standard ECU idea seems quite good I like to see the cars slide a bit. Don't get me wrong I'm all for MotoGP developing new equipment, however do I think that a road going version of the MotoGP traction control system will make it on to the next fireblade, R1, 1098, GSXR, ZXRR. Not a hope in hell. Developing the tyres is good for all road users, developing better brakes, leather suits, crash helmets all good but they won't release advanced traction control with onboard computers like in MotoGP the most advanced we will get is what is on the WSB.

Also I agree that there is a safety issue, however I suspect that a lot of the riders who were quite happy to be bounced about on the 990cc would be happy for traction control to be control by a standard ECU. I know it adds more danger but this ain't ballet dancing.

Leave the tyres along and just bring in a control ECU for 2009 please.

• 2 weeks later...

im also new to motogp bsb wsb etc.

where are the races shown i watch f1 all the time so ...

f1 - itv, bbc next year

motogp - bbc?

bsb - ???

thanks

OMG...................I actually started to read this to see if I Could learn something :yawn:

I'll give you my take.

They ride fast bikes (faster than road ones) around a track. The first one to do a set amount of laps and pass a man waving a Black and White flag wins.

This is usually the fastest rider.

He then gets his cock sucked later by some fit chicks. 8)

Hope this helps and enjoy :wink:

ps For those that went to Oulton Park last year..............I still say it would be far more interesting if the spectators got to throw stones at the riders as they go by :D

drewster a new entry, 125 250 motogp followed by the btc (brick throwing contest) lol i can see it taking off lol.

I had genuine interest at Oulton Park last year :wink: