Cleaning Wheels

dragolith

Got some crappy sticky stuff on my back wheel rim, and everytime I clean it off, it somehow regenerates.

I think it was down to using Muc Off chain cleaner a while back, and got some on the rim when washing it off.

What can I use on the rim to clean it off? :x

Cheers Matty :lol:

Voodoo, I didnt use it to lube the chain, but to clean it a few times (Muc off chain Cleaner). Though I also use their Chain Lube too.

Ill check out paraffin too.

Thats the sticky poo :lol:

Its sticky so it'll stick to your chain obviously, but in reality the chain heats up when your riding which makes the stuff less sticky and also with the help of centrifugal force ends up flying off onto your back wheel. Thats why I think you might as well use normal oil

Yeah I did use normal Oil before giving this stuff a try. Just a bugger to apply, so I went for an easier option!

Being fairly new to this game, I have yet to learn which products work best through experience! :roll:

Yeah I did use normal Oil before giving this stuff a try. Just a bugger to apply, so I went for an easier option!

Being fairly new to this game, I have yet to learn which products work best through experience! :roll:

Ah, you need one of these Oiler :lol:

Theres lots of different ones and I'm sure you can buy them from Halfords

Dragolith,

To make it easier in summer use dry chain lube.

No mess what-so ever and works just as well as decent wet lube.

however washes off quickly in teh rain, wouldnt use it during winter.

i have used all sorts of lube and every one of them ends up on the back wheel :roll:

just use old engine oil you dont need loads but need to apply it more :)

as for cleaning the back wheel WD40, chain cleaner, furniture polish with bees wax, GUNK theres loads more too :lol:

Bit of a commute though!

I do have a Creme Egg easter egg I was given (No it isnt a HUGE creme egg Im afraid), and I don't want it. :roll:

Nice....my fav...will pm you my addy :)

Voodoo! Not ridden properly for 2 years.....and the way you lot keep having a dig, im wondering if i should bother at all!!