24 Volt Starter

SlowBusa

As some of you know After I finished my engine work my bike was hard to start with lots of starter clutch kickback :(

a 24v starting system was the answer

Bike has a Li-ion battery which should be enough to start 200+ Psi, but wasnt (a normal battery just clicks)

At the moment Im using the below method, however this has its downside of having to charge #2 battery with a tender or charger and "if" you let #2 battery discharge to empty the system wont start......stuck by the road :( but in reality it would have to be heavily discharged

1.thumb.jpg.72035d0adec8e522df17589ebdc10874.jpg

">

I will be upgrading to a system that auto charges both batteries when all the parts come, and I will update accordingly

This consists of a Magnecraft 92S11D22D Relay wired as below

24v-relay.thumb.jpg.b1166f9d028f384e5752162fa26f938e.jpg

Never needed 24volts to start our high comp sprint bikes. Just doubled up on cables between battery and starter motor. You sure you haven't got another problem.?

Would a split charge relay kit for a caravan/second van battery not suffice, can get them all over, relay is fairly heavy duty, have you tried the batteries together to increase the amps instead of going to 24v

Its a bit more complex than just a split charger. Needs to have the batteries wired in series when starting the bike but wired in parallel when charging them.

Megawatt makes a good point. Are you sure it's not just the standard cables not able to deliver sufficient current?

Certainly worth trying double cables first, even if you just use a pair of jumpleads as a test.

Timing is slightly advanced which is where the high Psi is produced

I have new Heavy duty cables too

The engine is seriously hard to turn over by hand with plugs in, Its running the way I wanted it too

24v Starter system works really well, as you can hear on the video, and I had to use it before I broke a tooth on my starter clutch (I have checked it & ok)

The last diagram connects 24v when the button is pressed and then goes to seperate battery charging when engine running