Daytona 650 Issues

mmalik

Hi All,

Looking or some help and advice.

I purchased the above bike less than 3 months ago from a independent garage and I have been having the following issues with it.

1. When changing gear or stopping at a junction etc, the revs drop and then the bike cuts out. All electrics still work but it takes me 4-5 goes to get it started.

The garage took the bike back and the first time they could find no issues, I then installed a helmet cam and got footage of the problem, garage collected the bike and told me after a few days that the problem was the TPS, apparently it was out of sync. The bike now revs at around 1200rpm at idle. It has not so far cut out on me while changing gears or stopping at a junction BUT it does cut out on me after I start the bike and ride it few a few miles, this does not happen every time though. Again it takes a few goes for it start and stay idling as it should do.

2. I barely get 120 Miles out of a full tank and that is riding like my grandmother. I keep it at 70mph, no acceleration, nothing. If I give it some beans, maybe once a ride short burst of speed etc, I get 100-110 Miles.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated as I am getting fed up.

Thanks all.

3.7 gal tank. 120 miles = 33mpg

How much are you putting in to fill the tank after 120 miles?

From internet average fuel economy is about 35 mpg, so not far out.

3.7 gal tank. 120 miles = 33mpg

How much are you putting in to fill the tank after 120 miles?

From internet average fuel economy is about 35 mpg, so not far out.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I do not look at how much I put in really in Litres but I did put in £17 approx. yesterday @ £1.27 per litre.

Whats the bike doing when it cuts out? Just stopping at the lights and it just cuts out or does it play up?

Just cuts out, revs drop when I pull in the clutch to change gear. Electrics all still work but it takes 4-6 starts for it to hold the revs at idle.

I mean it does not cut out if I am standing at lights or junction etc, it is when I pull clutch in to change gear.

Whats the bike doing when it cuts out? Just stopping at the lights and it just cuts out or does it play up?

Just cuts out, revs drop when I pull in the clutch to change gear. Electrics all still work but it takes 4-6 starts for it to hold the revs at idle.

I mean it does not cut out if I am standing at lights or junction etc, it is when I pull clutch in to change gear.

When you try to restart it, does it fire up a little bit but not catch or is it compeltely dead?

When you try to restart it, does it fire up a little bit but not catch or is it compeltely dead?

Exactly that, I start it, rev it and then when I let go of the throttle, revs drop and bike dies.

I have emailed them 2 days ago and they were supposed to get back to me with a collection date. Have not heard anything as yet so emailed again this morning. I think I will give them their third and final chance at repairing and then reject the bike if that does not happen.

High fuel consumption, bogging down on idle and cutting out, poor restarting from hot - all suggests it's running rich to me.

Does not matter if the bike is hot or cold, if it cuts out then it is difficult to start again. Forgot to mention. Starting the bike in the morning is not good either. Majority of the time it will not start first time on the button but takes two goes.

It might just simply need a new battery, soon as electrics play up you can get all sorts of issues. My battery was playing up recently and if I was cruising at 30mph the bike would jerk quite violently. New battery in and it stopped. Has it been sat for a while before you bought it? Might be worth giving it a good charge and seeing if it goes away.