What oil do I use ...

BIKERDAD

Hi I'm going to do a wee service on my wife's sinnis SC 125 . 64 plate . And I'm wondering what oil to use . I managed to find 10x 40 . But not what type sport ....semi synthetic.... .full synthetic..... any info will be fantastic . I was told that the sinnis was most Suzuki engine parts so I called a Suzuki dealer and they don't know . So I guess it's not Suzuki parts.. if any one knows more on that will be helpful too . In fact any info on the sinnis sc wil be fantastic ..

dont need the comment

dont by chinese bikes .

To late lol thanks

Any known brand semi synthetic 10/40 BIKE OIL will be fine . Doesn't matter what the bike is , why scrimp on oil ?

I ran Halfords own brand 10-40semi synth motorcycle oil in my FZR1000 for over 30000miles without issue.

The R1 gets treated to oem Yamalube ,its about the same a premium grade oil, £40 for 4 litres and a genuine filter.

I have been using Halfords 10-40 semi syn in my Suzooks for years, never had a problem.

Its not the cheapest but as said, why would you put cheap oil in your bike.

I've use Halfords 10W-40 semi synth as well. I just keep to the principle of changing the oil very frequently - usually gets done every 2k. It's a quick job and if the oil is kept fresh the detergents stop the engine building up deposits.

I was actually going to say Halfords as well but I changed it to any known brand to avoid a chorus of disagreement, I see that many agree after all so Halfords it is then . As also mentioned , use the best oil available even if it is a Chinese 125 . If you don't then the engine could wear out and then everyone will say that you should have bought Japanese etc etc. I quite like the argument that basically goes like this . If you believe that your Chinese bike is shit you will treat it like shit and as a result it will perform like shit and fail like shit and everyone will say I told you so . Treat it well and it will perform well . Having said that , I have seen some truly horrifying Chinese bikes but that was nearly 20 years ago and I believe things have improved a lot since then .

I'm using Castrol Power 1 Racing 10-40w fully synthetic for motorbikes. The clutch engagement seems better and shifting gears are smoother. I mean the oil capacity is only 1 litre so it's not expensive to get the good stuff! 8-) .

Don't get car engine oil, it's too slippery for the clutch and it has different detergents in the composition.

Hi got the Castro oil 10x40. Same stuff as No put in my Cb750. So I thought go for it change the oil in my bike same time . So goes to find out what oil filter I need for hers .............. it don't have one .if looked all over the engine . Ok it don't have one .right the drain hole .................. it don't have one ... WTF .. :shock: so cleaned all the crap off the outside bottom of the engine find what looks like a drain hole and its an Alan key plug. So just done my bike and later I'm off to thunder road bikes and ask them what they think .

Hi got the Castro oil 10x40. Same stuff as No put in my Cb750. So I thought go for it change the oil in my bike same time . So goes to find out what oil filter I need for hers .............. it don't have one .if looked all over the engine . Ok it don't have one .right the drain hole .................. it don't have one ... WTF .. :shock: so cleaned all the crap off the outside bottom of the engine find what looks like a drain hole and its an Alan key plug. So just done my bike and later I'm off to thunder road bikes and ask them what they think .

125s often use a little strainer inside the case as a filter. They just need cleaning out and putting back in. But then you need a new gasket for the clutch cover if you’re going to do that.

If it's 10W40 I suggest the Halfords brand oil too. And change it according to the manual, which for a 125 is often about 2500 miles given they rev a lot the whole of their lives.

It's quite cheap for a 5L tub, and it conforms to the more modern standards.