TRACKERS - THE BEST ONE?

Sorry if this has been askked lots, but hey, security is important right..

Can we have some links of some of the best trackers you actual riders have used and swear by? It's like a minefield out there, bogus claims, accuracy of 100 meters (which is terrible)...

What one do us bikers need?

Ideally accuracy within 5 to 10 meters.

GPS/GSM.

In-built battery.

Can be wired up to mains battery.

Small-ish.

Let's go..

I ant to buy a tracker by the end of the week.

P.S -

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/reviews/products/security/trackers/need-to-know-motorcycle-trackers

https://www.expertmarket.co.uk/vehicle-tracking/motorbike-gps-trackers

There is a distinction between regular vehicle trackers and motorbike trackers.

Good starting point.

Well buy one of these to start with..

www.thetileapp.com

Its not a tracker as such but sticking one on your possessions give you a good chance of locating them if they go missing.

www.thetileapp.com

Its not a tracker as such but sticking one on your possessions give you a good chance of locating them if they go missing.

Only has a range of 150ft... Not to great really.

It is supposed to be able to be picked up by "crowd sourcing " effect so only needs to be 150 feet from any enabled phone for you to locate it.

It is supposed to be able to be picked up by "crowd sourcing " effect so only needs to be 150 feet from any enabled phone for you to locate it.

Exactly. I have them on a few items like car keys wallet etc. Never needed them but the app shows how many people are close by with the app installed and the "crowd" looks pretty big.

Small, cheap, easy to hide away, no contract. Sticking one on your bike is a no-brainer really. Downside is that they do need replacing when the battery dies but there are video's showing how to replace the battery.

www.thetileapp.com

You didn't bother reading that site did you... :roll:

www.thetileapp.com

You didn't bother reading that site did you... :roll:

OK I have now..

So it works by using other people's phones who need the app, but not only that they need to have blue tooth turned on, not sure about you but I never freely leave blue tooth on for battery reasons.. Also I'd be sceptical about their claims of having sold ten million units or whatever ot was... Even that would not be good penetration to locate your bike or whatever, 150ft, if I could do the maths I would.

Think I'll look for a more robust solution, thanks for the suggestion though.