Changing the battery with alarm fitted

Foxy Stoat seeks Pig

Ok so I have a long spell off work and may not even be able to ride again, real bad times, but to keep active I'm going to continue to tinker with my bike.

I have a new motobatt battery to fit. I have a factory fitted yahama alarm, is there anything I need to take into consideration before changing the battery or is it a simple case of negative off, positive off swap battery and reconnect??

Thanks all

buy a solar charger for the battery, remove the fire risk and the expense.

Like it :) any recommendations? I had a look around but ideally I want a connection wire that is fixed to the battery rather than messing about with crocodile clips.

Something like this one perhaps? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/battery-charging-12v-solar-panel-for-12-volt-batteries/150825687659?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Yeah that one, it was £15 from the now defunct Maplin. I installed a cigarette style female socket (Marine type) to the battery tucked under the seat, so I leave the solar panel on the roof, cable comes in through garage door and I connect bike it when I park it up.