on tour

fastbob

Home again , rode from Arisaig to Coventry in one go via the Lake district. Decided what the hell and joined the M6 at Kendal . All good then came to a standstill for half an hour at Knutsford , they are building 10s of miles of "Smart Motorway" and had closed TWO lanes at one point . So the journey took 16 hours . I hadn't planned to do this but the thought of putting up the tent again and the warm , dry evening just made me keep going .Fuller write up of the whole trip to follow.

WP_20180718_13_07_43_Pro.thumb.jpg.e932615469272a5f96c15056ed132de7.jpg

@fastbob

If you're planning on heading down the east coast and travelling over the Queensferry Crossing, follow the signs into South Queensferry and stop off at Biker's Cove - very friendly wee cafe, right on the front and cracking views of all 3 bridges.

Give a shout out in advance and I'll nip down to say hello.

Thanks for the offer but I went the Erskine Bridge route .

https://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/ullapool/corrieshalloch/index.html

Not far from Ullapool and worth a look if the legs need a stretch, campsite in Ullapool has great sea views but can be a bitch to get tent pegs in.

Yep, stayed there , it's called Ardmair . Strangely enough my tent pegs pushed straight in but everyone else had loads of trouble. At one point the whole site was ringing to the sound of people hammering away! I must have picked the right spot . Lovely camp site , I saw otters there last year and this year there were seals basking just off shore .

WP_20180716_16_34_43_Pro.thumb.jpg.807456e17474bc229792379d8a0dcc48.jpg

Go to Tongue via Lairg, fabulous road. Much better than A9.

Went to Lairg via Durness and Tongue .

WP_20180717_12_40_40_Pro.thumb.jpg.63737cc94eee9fcaa3631d4a090c3678.jpg