10 hours ago, fastbob said:

Heat exchanger . 

Nope, a heat exchanger transfers heat, a wind shield stops draughts from wasting heat. 

I've got one that fits in primus pan as part of the kit, not needed when in the porch of tent but great if your exposed and having a brew or nocking up some grub. 

Some primus pots have heat exchanger around base of pans but makes them bulky

• Like 1

I cant be bothered cooking when camping - just enough gear to make a brew in the morning will do me, I don't think I stray far enough away from Takeaway food to need anything else 😂 

• Haha 2

Yes I am bad I take one of these:

image.thumb.png.89d183c6f967a98290658a96195c2676.pngit's stable in the porch.

As for food is mainly used for coffee in the morning and city of a night is canned curry label removed, cooked in can with water and rice around it cooking....

1 hour ago, onesea said:

Yes I am bad I take one of these:

image.thumb.png.89d183c6f967a98290658a96195c2676.pngit's stable in the porch.

As for food is mainly used for coffee in the morning and city of a night is canned curry label removed, cooked in can with water and rice around it cooking....

Bit bulky but they work and are stable, canisters with propane don't freeze up as much when in use. 

13 hours ago, Bender said:

Nope, a heat exchanger transfers heat, a wind shield stops draughts from wasting heat. 

I've got one that fits in primus pan as part of the kit, not needed when in the porch of tent but great if your exposed and having a brew or nocking up some grub. 

Some primus pots have heat exchanger around base of pans but makes them bulky

For goodness sake . I think we're getting our wires crossed here . My main pot has a heat exchanger welded to the base . I've never thought of it as excessively bulky and it does a marvelous job in rapidly bringing water to the boil . 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Top tip for camping with the family.  Buy a big tent take lots of gear, when it won't fit in the car.

No worries I will take the bike...  200 miles later.

Motorbike camping in comfort 😁

IMG_20220808_192649_139.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I was up in Teesdale and Weardale last week and it was pretty green up there. It also rained and the ground was well soggy up on the moors. As usual when the south of England gets a bit stressed it's the end of the world all round. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

I was up in Teesdale and Weardale last week and it was pretty green up there. It also rained and the ground was well soggy up on the moors. As usual when the south of England gets a bit stressed it's the end of the world all round. 

South, is that like Sunderland 😂 

• Haha 1