Lost number plate for Suzuki FR50

Hello i am new here and looking for some help finding a registration number

I have recently dug out my grandad's old suzuki FR50 moped and have been working on it to get it on the road. Its pretty much ready with new tyres, sprockets ect. although there is one problem, HALF THE NUMBER PLATE IS SNAPPED OFF! (picture below). I dont have any of the old log books or anything either so im pretty much stuck at the moment.

The bike is one of the later 80s models.

I have found the VIN number. (picture below)

I know that it can be retrieved through a HPI check, but i dont know anyone personally who can do one.

Thanks for all your help

VIN: http://imgur.com/F931pze

Whats left of the numberplate: http://imgur.com/cfHn6sK

Think the best you could do would be to write to the DVLA, filling out a V62 Application form for a V5C Registration Certificate, with as much detail as possible. Chuck in a covering letter that explains the situation and if there's any other evidence to confirm the background put that in with the application. I think there's a fee of around £25 or so.

EDIT: There's also plenty of places that will do an HPI check online for a nominal fee. Just google it. :thumb:

Long shot but is there an old tax disc on it? If so might have a readable reg number on it.

But you will need documentation to get a new plate mad up.