FOR FREE (see details) Scala Rider Q1

I have a scala rider q1 Bluetooth headset and pretty much all the bits. You can have it for the cost of any postage and packing expenses I incur.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scala-Rider-Motorcycle-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B00JQ4HH2A

please read

The headset works but I cannot get it to make calls, the other person cannot hear anything. I don't know why this is. I have checked the boom microphone using a voice recording app and the recording is clear. This tells me that the mike works. The call (and voice commands like "ok Google" ) not working suggests bluetooth issues?? I don't know and have given up trying to get it sorted. I use android phone, don't have an iPhone to experiment with. As I say, the sound works perfectly with my phone for music, audio,spoken GPS directions, texts being read aloud.

I say I have all the bits but some of the sticky Velcro pads may be used or missing by the time you get it. And I glued the mount to my helmet so while I can unglue this, it may need new 3M adhesive for you to reuse the mount. Your problem. I definitely have the headset, the mount, the speakers, booster pads for speakers, boom and cable mike and the box.

Finally I trust that you will accept this in the spirit which it is being offered, and if you decide to pass it on you also adopt these terms and not profit from it. Like an Open Source software licence.

Hey beans I'd be interested as I would mostly need it for directions from the nav. However I have no idea about any of these as I've not looked into them. Do they fit in the helmet and just Bluetooth the sound to them from a device? I'm quite close to you I think so I could collect and get you some beverage of your choice for the generosity?

[mention]Westbeef[/mention] the main unit fits on the outside of the helmet. There is usually 2 methods, adhesive or mechanical clamp.

The Mike and speakers fit in the helmet.

The connection to the phone or sat nav is by Bluetooth, although you can have a wired connection.

Hi beefy.

Yes essentially that's what they do.

You can fit the supplied speakers in the helmet, or use any ear buds with a modern 3.5mm Jack. Fitting may require you to mess around with the padding of your lid, see

or Google it.

The actual device then clamps or sticks to the side of your lid depending on the shape. I have both options for you but you may need adhesive for the mount I have already used. It connects via Bluetooth to your phone or posh GPS device relaying your music and directions to your lug holes.

You are more than welcome to pop by or I can meet you out and about to take possession.

Edited by Beans

@Westbeef the main unit fits on the outside of the helmet. There is usually 2 methods, adhesive or mechanical clamp.

The Mike and speakers fit in the helmet.

The connection to the phone or sat nav is by Bluetooth, although you can have a wired connection.

What he said :lol: