Wanted hard luggage for a Honda cbf1000

Now that I have the cubic capacity, the thought of taking off, hitting the open road etc are passing through my mind.

I have a Givi topbox which holds a full face helmet and a pair of gloves. Is anyone looking to part with a pannier set?

If its only for occasional use, my suggstion is that you decide which panniers you want, using google images. buy the racks new, as you are unlikely to find the specific racks second hand, then buy the panniers themselves, second hand. They may not be 'mint' but that hardly matters for occasional use.

Ive had a quick look round.. and to my eye these look the best, I like the way they 'fit' close to the bodywork.. unlike some others that stand proud.

images-1.thumb.jpeg.8de69775a912bfda5dfd0401ade010ef.jpeg

sold with the bike.. and he doesnt name the brand, but you could try messaging him via ebay and ask what they were. Or, perhaps someone on the forum recognises them.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.953bd075e16530cefefa5ef3f0826f56.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282874963201

Thanks. He says that they are Honda original "The panniers are original Honda ones, in matching colour but they were purchased separately, there is a few scratches and marks on them, as well as some higly reflective stickers" I'll have a look at the price of these second or third hand

Hmm 😒 they are very expensive and hard to get no real surprise being Honda.

There are some very boxy Givi panniers that seem cheap when new. Does anybody have experience of these? Are they tiny? Not sure how big I'd need, really can't imagine going camping more likely a night in a b&b

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/311878?r=GS&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnZXbBRC8ARIsABEYg6DM_V9Kki0PehwfXk9Uo1CjwQ1zG0kppSCdyMudJvIxqSDnZSCl-hwaAqKqEALw_wcB

If it's just you on your own you won't need a great at deal of space!

I can get mine the the wife's gear for a 10 day trip around Europe in panniers and a top box! And the out know what women are like!

Have a look at shad see if they do anything for your bike they are reasonably priced

Not sure how big I'd need, really can't imagine going camping more likely a night in a b&b

In that case.. just think about what you would need to take.

If it were me.. then a change of clothes.. so Im not stuck in bike gear all the time. and a change or two of base layers including socks and underwear. If you already have a top box, thats half the battle. I'm sure I could do it with just a waterproof bag strapped to the pillion seat.. or at worst, a pair of throw-over panniers like those new ones from LOMO that Tango mentioned just recently. That would likely give you more space - in total, than [mention]Bungleaio[/mention] is bringing for a week in Germany. And will cost £50.

Ive had a quick look round.. and to my eye these look the best, I like the way they 'fit' close to the bodywork.. unlike some others that stand proud.

images-1.jpeg

And only make the bike 10 foot wide rather than 11 :popcorn:

images-1.jpeg

according to the spec sheet its 4" wider than your bike (mirror to mirror) and the original panniers do not increase that width.

images-1.jpeg

Hoggs is calling my bike fat!