Astrophotography

Via

They are same price scale as motorbikes, can get absolute bargains or need a remortgage.

The one used to take that moon pic was around £70.

The one I've just bought is on the cheap end of the decent scopes and with extras (Wi-Fi link and extra eyepieces) cost £700. The upper end goes into thousands of pounds.

Same with cameras, you can buy mobile mounts that use eyepiece and phone camera. Dedicated scope cameras which are effectively a webcam type camera which fits into eyepiece mount which start around £30 or high end around £300-500. Or what I've got which is a T ring and replaces lens on SLR camera with a mount that then fits into eyepiece mount on scope, these are a few quid for a simple bit of metal if you have a SLR already or want to get a cheap body only (as you won't need lens).

These don't scratch surface of what is possible though with patience and right technique, using multiple exposures over a hour or so can give you amazing photos of andromeda galaxy and other deep space objects like nebulas with equipment costing just a couple of hundred.

Thanks for the info, think I’d better wait til I’ve sorted my bike out before I start on another expensive hobby :)

If you take a pic with all your new gear (when it arrives) that’s the same as one you took with your old gear I’d love to see the difference.

Glad to hear your legs on the mend.

Thanks for the info, think I’d better wait til I’ve sorted my bike out before I start on another expensive hobby :)

If you take a pic with all your new gear (when it arrives) that’s the same as one you took with your old gear I’d love to see the difference.

Glad to hear your legs on the mend.

Nah with any new hobby idea is just to spend as much as you can in short succession until bank phones you and tells you to stop being a twat then cry yourself to sleep working out how you're going to feed yourself for next 30 years... That's how I got into motorcycling :lol:

Yeah, can't wait for it to turn up to see what I can get, not sure how much better moon would be, think pictures would clearer but then limited to camera quality, main aim is to get some pics that haven't got a hope capturing with old scope like Saturn.

Cheers :thumb:

• 1 month later...