Need some advice for luggage

Hi all,

This weekend I’m going to be ordering my new bike, and getting shot of the 125. The 125 has a backbox (going with the bike). I’m getting an SV650 they have some luggage options, but I don’t want another box and the tail bag is rated to only carry 2.5kg. I’m wanting to carry my locks in it (chain and disclocks) and maybe some other bits, food drink etc. I don’t have a massive budget and I would also like to leave my helmet with my bike. Are there any good tail packs someone can recommend? Or would a good bag and cargo net be the better option?

Cheers

EdO

Hi, if you want to leave the helmet with the bike I would suggest a hard case to put it in secured to the bike. The other school of thought is that if the bike is stolen in such an instance then you lose bike and helmet and case etc so take the helmet with you wherever you go. Personally I leave my helmet in the top box on my bike at work in the secure car park. But if I was ever to go somewhere like London, highly unlikely, I'd put up with the inconvenience and take the helmet with me.

Good point. I have seen the bags that are designed to be used with locks for helmets. Most of the time I’m going to and from work, sometimes in the city centre. If I was worried I would take the helmet with me, it’s more for convenience.