Motorbike Trailer for a dog..

onesea

Do sidecars come on and off easily though? If they don’t it might be a pain in the wotnot.

Generally - no. they dont. but.. as with anything there are exceptions. worse case scenario is that the bike itself has to be modified to the point that the sidecar is a permanent fixture. Best case.. bolt on and off. but that assumes the bike either has.. or can have fitted easily and relatively unobtrusively appropriate fixing points. Im not sure about the law.. but I would want lights fitted at the rear.. regardless. So that would mean fiddling with the bikes electrics too.

Do sidecars come on and off easily though? If they don’t it might be a pain in the wotnot.

Generally - no. they dont. but.. as with anything there are exceptions. worse case scenario is that the bike itself has to be modified to the point that the sidecar is a permanent fixture. Best case.. bolt on and off. but that assumes the bike either has.. or can have fitted easily and relatively unobtrusively appropriate fixing points. Im not sure about the law.. but I would want lights fitted at the rear.. regardless. So that would mean fiddling with the bikes electrics too.

.......and who remembers the fabulous "Sidewinder" sidecar......?

http://reddevilmotors.blogspot.com/2016/02/sidewinder-learner-sidecar.html

Strap your mutt to that, baby!

[mention]Speedy23[/mention] Love it. The ingenuity of people always makes me smile :D I wonder are they still legal?

Although in all honesty I’d be as embarrassed to rock one of those as I was an L plate! Maybe not quite so due to it being a bit of a two fingers but pretty close.

It’s a strange transition, I stuck with my L plates for a year out of stubbornness (spell check reveals that is oddly the correct spelling of being stubborn!) because I will master one thing before moving to another, all the while feeling a little like an outsider of a lovely world (didn’t really mind that either, probably my theme tune) but now I’m happy on my 9T and my L plates are gone I’m really pleased to see other folk with L plates on. Happy they are doing something that’s going to bring them lifelong happiness!

That be me! I lean away from a mono wheel unit for this application should it be legal to do so

As far as I can see there is no rules against trailing animals, it will be done so he is safe and comfortable. Agree RE 2 wheel trailer I was also thinking similar to your design with the frame being roll cage with fairing/ wind/ muck protection inside.

Presently its more a gently enquiry as Puppy is still growing, although without trailer biking will be really restricted... Not talking for hours on end but the little juants we end up stuck in the car for....

Care to consider that the trailer being directly behind the exhaust of the bike, is not the best place to be putting your dog for the ride.

• 1 year later...

Care to consider that the trailer being directly behind the exhaust of the bike, is not the best place to be putting your dog for the ride.

From my reckoning a little bit of design and the fumes will me no worse than a car sat in traffic, or walking down the side of a road.

Still on the search for an elusive trailer.

From my reckoning a little bit of design and the fumes will me no worse than a car sat in traffic, or walking down the side of a road.

Still on the search for an elusive trailer.

I would be tempted to make one using the swing arm and wheel from a scooter, get one for a few quid from a breakers :thumb: