Night school.....

Guest Speedy23

Well, I have been thinking about a few jobs I've got to do on the bike and looking at fabbing up a couple of assemblies. So need access to a lathe, pillar drill etc. - which I don't currently have. So I thought that if I find a part-time metalwork course on a night-school basis thst would fit the bill. Simples.........except that nowhere seems to offer this type of trsining snymore.

Don't people want to do metslwork these days?

I'm a bit miffed and mystified. But there again, because we don't have factories, or actually make anything anymore, I suppose there's just no call for it.

Well all the equpiment still exists in colleges and some schools but metalwork has been incorporated with woodwork and all other materials and is called ‘Design Technology’ or DT for short. I bet the college near you runs something under that title that would do. If you email the tutor of the courses directly, you’ll get a lot more joy than with the admin staff.

Well all the equpiment still exists in colleges and some schools but metalwork has been incorporated with woodwork and all other materials and is called ‘Design Technology’ or DT for short. I bet the college near you runs something under that title that would do. If you email the tutor of the courses directly, you’ll get a lot more joy than with the admin staff.

Cheers for suggestion SCM, I will check this out forthwith. :thumb:

Metalwork and woodwork are currently called 'Resistant Materials' which I always thought was a bloody stupid name.... until my dad who taught it explained that the title refers to the grey matter between the ears of the students.

And sadly since Mrs Thatcher destroyed our nation's manufacturing base very few people learn these skills any more.

I understand now, Night School, I thought at first it was Knight School. That got me thinking-

I wear Armour

I wear a Helmet

I wear Protective Boots

I wear gauntlets

I Tilt (going round corners)

I have fought a Dragon (and we are no longer together)

I have been known to utter Oaths

I fight injustice (the price of beer is becoming indefensible)

I rescue maidens

I have been called Sir many times

It makes so much sense

I am a Knight

Anyone know where I can find the Holy Grail, what has a guy gotta do to find a decent Quest these days

I understand now, Night School, I thought at first it was Knight School. That got me thinking-

I wear Armour

I wear a Helmet

I wear Protective Boots

I wear gauntlets

I Tilt (going round corners)

I have fought a Dragon (and we are no longer together)

I have been known to utter Oaths

I fight injustice (the price of beer is becoming indefensible)

I rescue maidens

I have been called Sir many times

It makes so much sense

I am a Knight

Anyone know where I can find the Holy Grail, what has a guy gotta do to find a decent Quest these days

Yeh, but do you hang around tables?

(I'll get me coat.....)