Failed Mod 2 - 3rd Attempt - Update Failed again!

He sounds like the kind of guy who would of failed you if you had pulled out anyway. I remember on one of my first driving lessons I went to pull out of a side road because the approaching car was indicating into the side road giving me a clear path, the instructor told me don’t make a move until the car has committed to the turn... by the time it was committed to the turn the car behind it was accelerating and my opportunity was gone but it saved me having a crash just in case that car didn’t turn in.

Yes, that's my fear as well! Sounds illogical that the examiner would be keen to fail you, but I wouldn't be surprised coming from this guy. Its not that he would fail me deliberately, but can consider minors, majors.

In my attempt number two, he failed me for such a bizarre thing (cut corners) on a completely empty street, and that really put me off.

Anyways, time to move on. I will try somewhere else next time!

• 5 weeks later...

Errr.... Cutting corners is a fairly major fault and if you get into the habit you will eventually find out why..... the hard way. So take it as a hint....... don't do it.

Actually, the examiner clearly said, at the debrief, that I should have just gone, based on the fact the guy had his indicator turned on!

Ahhh but that is actually BS advice because the same happened to me on my first attempt, so I 'just went' and I got failed!! There's no winning sometimes...

Actually, the examiner clearly said, at the debrief, that I should have just gone, based on the fact the guy had his indicator turned on!

Ahhh but that is actually BS advice because the same happened to me on my first attempt, so I 'just went' and I got failed!! There's no winning sometimes...

It's REALLY hard sometimes, as nothing is really "black or white". There are so many factors that come into play when doing this exam, that makes it tricky!

It soooo depends on the examiner too. What I was failed for the first time would have been passed the second had it been the same examiner lol. Oh well, just got to try again!

And on that I am in my 5th attempt... But don't worry! Everyone gets it easier than my, history of my life! hahahaha

Ah damn, did you have a resit on Thurs?

You know what it think it gets more nerve wracking with every attempt because Im worried about what i might do that they see as a fail :(

That said Im positive about my next one, i feel it in my gut and I always follow my gut :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you dont laugh about these things you cry anyway :)

Ah damn, did you have a resit on Thurs?

You know what it think it gets more nerve wracking with every attempt because Im worried about what i might do that they see as a fail :(

That said Im positive about my next one, i feel it in my gut and I always follow my gut :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you dont laugh about these things you cry anyway :)

Yeah, I did have. Didn't pass... My problem, which I am trying to focus on now, is the "planning ahead". It feels I plan ahead a bit, but not as much as I should.

On daily basis, riding my 125, I think I do it much more naturally, without the pressure of the test on my shoulders. I think that helps a lot!

The day of the test, I am so concentrated on understanding the instructions correctly (English is not my first language) and doing everything "by the book", that it just blocks my brain somehow...

I think I can't laugh about it anymore because I am more angry than frustrated, actually. Just want to get this over... It has become such a drain in my life, in regards to time and focus.

It's all bollocks. I think the test should be more of an assessment. If you can ride the bike ok you pass. All this crap about indicating and pissing about with procedure just makes perfectly good riders fail. :scratch:

It's all bollocks. I think the test should be more of an assessment. If you can ride the bike ok you pass. All this crap about indicating and pissing about with procedure just makes perfectly good riders fail. :scratch:

Thats what pissed me off on my fail! "you took a tight gap so unfortunately Im going to have to fail you but other than that a really nice ride so I gave you no minor faults. Come back soon" EUGH

It soooo depends on the examiner too. What I was failed for the first time would have been passed the second had it been the same examiner lol. Oh well, just got to try again!

And on that I am in my 5th attempt... But don't worry! Everyone gets it easier than my, history of my life! hahahaha

Took me 5 attempts,so you're not the only one!

Took me 5 attempts,so you're not the only one!

What have / haven't you done differently in the last attempt that made you pass? Did you do it somewhere else / changed your mentality / had a shot of whisky before?!?

I mean... I know the ride was better than other attempts, I suppose, but was it due to lucky? What is your analysis?

On the day,I said to the Mrs,' I'm f***ed off with this,the stress/sleepless nights etc,If I fail again I'm binning it off til next year where I'll go somehere else and start again.'

The don't care attitude obviously relaxed me,plus the examiner was a gent,said to me after the show and tell 'i know its windy,so if you have a wobble,I'll take the conditions into account .Now lets go out and enjoy ourselves!'

Quite a long test,was out nearly an hour,but passed with a clean sheet! :cheers:

On the day,I said to the Mrs,' I'm f***ed off with this,the stress/sleepless nights etc,If I fail again I'm binning it off til next year where I'll go somehere else and start again.'

The don't care attitude obviously relaxed me,plus the examiner was a gent,said to me after the show and tell 'i know its windy,so if you have a wobble,I'll take the conditions into account .Now lets go out and enjoy ourselves!'

Quite a long test,was out nearly an hour,but passed with a clean sheet! :cheers:

Nice one, mate! Well done...

I have passed today! :cheers:

At some point, the examiner asked me to follow X and I was not in a safe position to do it, then followed Z instead.

He came to my side and told me, looking in my eyes: "Are you crazy or deaf? Told you to go X"

I said I didn't understand (which was not true) and he said "f**k... ok, follow me"

He proceeded to ride really fast taking the lead. When I say really fast, I mean: I didn't even know if the speed was within the limit on those roads.

All that time, I was following behind thinking: "Man... I am done for good... This is a real fuckup!"

Then, back at the test center: "Ok, congratulations. You've passed."

Well, time to sell the 125 :)

Well done [mention]Seidinger1986[/mention] ! I've never heard of an examiner doing that. My instructors both did it after my passes though. "Well done, now try and follow me back to the training center" and they shoot off like a "normal" biker and are no longer your instructor :lol:

Well done @Seidinger1986 ! I've never heard of an examiner doing that. My instructors both did it after my passes though. "Well done, now try and follow me back to the training center" and they shoot off like a "normal" biker and are no longer your instructor :lol:

Yeah... Was really weird, mate! Anyways, happy times!!!